1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2007 8:15 AM by Captiv8r

RoboHelp 6 and Captivate 3

NJV20 Level 1
      I know that Captivate 2 embeds all flash animation files (.swf and .flv), used in a presentation as one .swf, but Captivate 3 publishes them all seperate. My question is will RoboHelp 6 play these presentations correctly if they are not embedded into one .swf?

And if not does anyone know how they could be?

We are considering these products to make our companies help file more interactive and use a lot of video demos. So any info on this issue woud be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp 6 and Captivate 3
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi NJV20

Actually, Captivate 2 also keeps the .SWFs as separate files. But it depends on the target of the Flash player when you publish. If you use Flash player 6 (and I think this is the default in version 2, so you have to explicitly change it if you want output for 7 or 8) this is why they are kept all in one file.

You should be fine as long as you make sure to include the referenced .SWF files to your Baggage files folder in RoboHelp. The thing is, RoboHelp has no way of knowing that those files are needed, because an internal call inside the main .SWF references them.

I do have a document that might help further this explanation a bit. You may view it by clicking here.

Cheers... Rick