3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 7:44 AM by the_wine_snob

Requirement specs for high-res end product

toyracecar

I am producing a short corporate in Premiere Elements 8 using a combination of an existing MPEG and a series of JPEGs. I have only ever produced videos for the web before, but the the finished product will be projected onto a large screen. I would like to avoid pixellation as much as possible. Could anyone advise me as to what the best input and output settings would be for this?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Requirement specs for high-res end product
          nealeh Level 5

Can you download the utility GSpot Codec Information Appliance and analyse your mpeg file with it. Then post a screen capture here. Your Jpeg files should be no more than 1,000 x 750 pixels. If they are more then you should resize them.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Requirement specs for high-res end product
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Further Neale's suggestion, you'll be best converting the MPEGs to DV-AVIs before you bringing them into a Premiere Elements project. It will save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

As for output, I recommend you just output a standard DVD. Although DVDs are just TV resolution, they'll still give you plenty of resolution for a good projector image -- and they're universal enough that it won't be hard to find a laptop or player that can play them.

• 3. Re: Requirement specs for high-res end product
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Exactly how will the signal be fed to the projector, i.e. from a DVD-Video in a DVD player, through a laptop, etc.? Will you have to provide the AV file to a laptop, other than one that you use, such as an unknown laptop at a conference?

The exact delivery scheme and the mechanics of this can dictate a lot. That, and the questions that Neale asked. If your MPEG is say DVD-Video resolution, there is nothing to be gained by going HD, as it will be SD and will determine the resultant quality. It will also dictate your Project Preset. You can then Scale your JPEG's to match that.

Good luck,

Hunt