11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2010 1:49 AM by oseasjr

Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)

Flex_UA

Hi,

I was not able to install FB4 plugin on Eclipse Galileo 3.5 EE on my Windows 7. Absolutely no response from FB4_Plugin_Win_Installer.exe.

Some tech info:

[1] Eclipse.ini:

-startup
      plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
      --launcher.library
      plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519
      -product
      org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
      --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
      256M
      -showsplash
      org.eclipse.platform
      --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
      256m
      -vmargs
      -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
      -Xms40m
      -Xmx512m
      -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

[2]

NO anti-virus program blocking the exe from running;

User Access Control: DISABLED;

I am extracting FlashBuilder_4_Plugin_LS10.exe from Adobe to C:\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plugin;

I have already tried right-clicking the  installer exe, and choosing "Run as Administrator" - nothing happen;

Any ideas?  I found nothing in the tech notes or release info.

Thanks, Sergey

Software Engineer

• 1. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
          Jason San Jose Adobe Employee

Just to be clear. By "no response" you mean that you tried to run the .exe file and nothing happened? For the plug-in installer, you should get a splash screen with a prompt to choose a language. You shouldn't have to extrace the .exe file, it should just run. Can you confirm it doesn't show up in Task Manager?

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

• 2. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
            Flex_UA Level 1

What I have done:

1. I have run FlashBuilder_4_Plugin_LS10.exe from Adobe.com and extracted it into C:\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plugin\;

2. After that automatically started InstallFlashBuilder4Plugin.bat and when progress bar goes over 100% nothing happened (during this time  it showed in Task Manager). It had NOT show a splash screen with a prompt to choose a language. I have started InstallFlashBuilder4Plugin.bat manually, but when progress bar goes over 100% nothing happened.

• 3. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
              C. Agruss (Adobe) Level 3

Hi,

Here's on thing to try:

- see if this file exists on your system - c:\Program Files\Zero G Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml

- if so, delete it, and then see if that makes a difference the next time your run the installer.

Let us know how it goes,

-Chris

• 4. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
                Flex_UA Level 1

Hi,

[ 1 ] File c:\Program Files\Zero G  Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml in hidden folder "Zero G  Registry" really existed on my system.

Here its contents:

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8"?>
                <registry install_date="2010-04-17 23:25:04" version="1.1" last_modified="2010-04-17 23:25:23">
                    <products>
                        <product name="Protege 3.4.3" id="6ea9b719-1ef7-11b2-b33e-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" copyright="2009" info_url="" support_url="" location="C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.3" last_modified="2010-04-17 23:25:13">
                            <vendor name="Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research" id="994d7f3b-1ec1-11b2-b320-ef29621bcc1c" home_page="http://bmir.stanford.edu/" email="vendetti@stanford.edu"/>
                            <feature short_name="AppFull" name="AppFull" last_modified="2010-04-17 23:25:13">
                            <![CDATA[This installs the application feature (full, e.g., editors and plug-ins).]]>
                                <component ref_id="6ea9b748-1ef7-11b2-b362-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" location="C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.3\Uninstall_Protege 3.4.3\Uninstall Protege 3.4.3.exe"/>
                                <component ref_id="6ea9b747-1ef7-11b2-b360-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" location="C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.3\Protege.exe"/>
                                <component ref_id="a336a3e4-1ef7-11b2-8cfa-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" location=""/>
                            </feature>
                        </product>
                    </products>
                    <components>
                        <component id="a336a3e4-1ef7-11b2-8cfa-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" name="AG- AppFull" location="" vendor="Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research"/>
                        <component id="6ea9b748-1ef7-11b2-b362-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" name="InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" location="C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.3\Uninstall_Protege 3.4.3\Uninstall Protege 3.4.3.exe" vendor="Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research"/>
                        <component id="6ea9b747-1ef7-11b2-b360-99503a9e78c6" version="1.0.0.0" name="Common" location="C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.3\Protege.exe" vendor="Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research"/>
                    </components>
                </registry>

[ 2 ] I have deleted file c:\Program Files\Zero G  Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml firstly, then started InstallFlashBuilder4Plugin.bat  manually, but when progress bar goes over 100% nothing happened. After that I have deleted folder "Zero G  Registry", than started InstallFlashBuilder4Plugin.bat  manually, but when progress bar goes over 100% nothing happened.

• 5. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)

Thanks for trying that, and sorry that wasn't the solution.

A couple of other things to try:

- Does it make any difference if you browse down to the actual installer exe (in the VM folder) that the batchfile runs, and run it directly?

- If not, perhaps try moving the whole tree (starting including the Disk1 folder) to some location in your user profile tree, and see if it will run from there.

We haven't heard any other cases of this particular problem yet, so don't have a ready solution available.

-Chris

• 6. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
                    Flex_UA Level 1

Hi,

I have tried all of your suggestions, but nothing happened: then I started FB4_Plugin_Win_Installer.exe manually progress bar goes  over 100% and nothing happened.

Thanks for try to investigate my problem.

• 7. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)

One more thing to try:

- right click the installer exe, and then see if you can "Run as Administrator..."

• 8. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
                        Flex_UA Level 1

Hi,

I have done what you said with "Run as Administrator..." and under Administrator account on my Windows 7. Nothing changed...

• 9. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
                          oseasjr

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. The installation stop after to start it as you can see on the image bellow...Flash Builder 4 plugin problem.png

• 10. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)

Sorry about the response gap - lost sight of this particular forum thread.

Here's another workaround to try:

- install FB4 Plug-in using all defaults, including the bundled copy of eclipse, without plugging it into your own Galileo EE version at first

- assuming that the installation completes successfully, launch FB4 Plug-in with the bundled copy of eclipse, and make sure everything works.

After you get that far, you should be able to plug-in to Galileo EE as follows:

- in the bundled copy of eclipse, you'll find a link file in the dropins folder

- copy that link file, and paste a copy of it into your dropins folder for Galileo EE

- launch Galileo EE, and see if that solves the problem.

-Chris

• 11. Re: Unable to install FB4 plugin on Galileo EE (Windows 7)
                              oseasjr Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your attention. I had tryed your solution before, but the installation stops at the same point.

Today, a friend solved the problem:

- I was unzipping the adobe plugin file in my directory "Oséas". The problem is the accent in the path.

Regards,
                              Oséas