5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 11:14 AM by Tara Jane Feener

Disappointed Flash Catalyst user

saldae Level 1

A week ago I posted a message about a problem with Flash Catalyst and Internet access and I still didn't get any help. What kind of forum is this anyway!

• 1. Re: Disappointed Flash Catalyst user
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

I am assuming you have uninstalled the Beta 2 and reinstalled it? Do you have any other Adobe Betas installed? There might be a conflict between them.

I think the silence might be due the fact that Flash Catalyst CS5 is about to be shipping real soon and this is an issue with a Beta. I know you would like it to work, but sometimes Betas can do weird things (that's what all the disclaimer language covers).

• 2. Re: Disappointed Flash Catalyst user
            saldae Level 1

Thanks a lot for your answer. I really do appreciate.

Nope, i haven't uninstalled the beta 2 and reinstalled it. I did one installation. This is the only Beta I installed. It's not the problem that it's not working. The problem is that the internet does not work when Flash Catalyst is open. When I learn new programs, I usually open a online video tutorial on one monitor and work on the program on the other monitor. When Flash Catalyst is open, I do not have access to internet. Internet comes back as soon as I close FC.

• 3. Re: Disappointed Flash Catalyst user
              Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

I can safely tell you there were some decent changes between the Beta 2 and the final release. I almost would say, just watch the new videos and wait for the final version to be shipped. Unfortunately since it is a Beta, there is no tech support options that I am aware of.

• 4. Re: Disappointed Flash Catalyst user
                saldae Level 1

Thanks for your help. Well I will have to use 2 computers for now and wait until the final version to be shipped.

Have a wonderful day.

• 5. Re: Disappointed Flash Catalyst user
                  Tara Jane Feener Level 3

Hey!

Can you give us some details about your OS?

Are you running any virus protection software?

Does your internet stop working the second you launch Catalyst? Or is it after running your project?

I apologize for not getting to your post sooner.

Thanks for posting this issue, and for re-posting it when it wasn't  resolved.

Tara