4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 7:19 AM by GiveMeLiberty

Default install of config files

GiveMeLiberty

By default in Vista, DW CS4 installs its config files here: \Users\username\AppData\Ro

aming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration   My Adobe folder has grown to over 1 Gig.  This means I have 1 Gig of data that continues to get copied back and forth across our network.  This tranlates to very long login and logoff procedures.   Is there a way to force DW during install to setup their config files somewhere else or is there a better solution to elimate the slow network coping of DW config files?  Thanks

• 1. Re: Default install of config files
          pziecina Level 6

Hi

I do not know what you are putting in the user config file but judging by the size you are saving files there that you should not. But that said the user config files should be stored on your computer and not on the network server. If they are on the server then your server administrators have set-up the install configuration wrong, and I can only suggest that you talk to them as this type of set-up has not been used since the mid 90's.

PZ

• 2. Re: Default install of config files
            GiveMeLiberty Level 1

DW is not installed on the network.  It is installed locally and the config files are copied to my local computer as well.  My profile which contains the config files, is copied to the network upon logon and logoff.  So are saying my config files are too large for some reason?

• 3. Re: Default install of config files
              pziecina Level 6

Hi

The dreamweaver user config files should not be so large, even with lots of extensions installed it should rarely be more than 200Mb, and not 1Gb.

As your server admin why they are uploading your dreamweaver user config as there is not reason I know of to do this, even the use of a version control system should not require more than 20Mb of files to be transferred. Is it possible that they have selected video files to be transferred or other items and not just the log-on to server info?

PZ

• 4. Re: Default install of config files
                GiveMeLiberty Level 1

If it were only my DW config files I think I would be good.  DW alone are only 73MB.  However, DW is one of many folders under the Adobe umbrella

wherein lies the rest of the CS4+ suite.....   Since it is located under the Roaming folder, it looks like its going to be copied to and fro the network server as part of my network profile all the time.  Something Adobe might want to take into account in the future....   Thanks for your insight.