1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 4:24 PM by the_wine_snob

audio video lost synchronization when copied

MartinNohr Level 1

I have a folder with all the project and source files in it. I copied the whole folder to a new computer. When I look (and listen) at one of the sequences the sound and video are off by about 3 seconds. This is not the case on the first computer. I haven't done anything yet to the project. Are there some hidden cache files or something that also need to be copied? I had originally worked on the second computer, but then I copied it back to the first one and did some work. It was fine there, then I copied the files back to the second computer and the audio was off. This is a strange one.

To summarize:

1. Worked on project on computer A.

2. Copied folder to computer B and edited more. (I was travelling).

3. Copied folder from B back to A.

4. Did more editing, rendered and created DVD. This worked fine.

5. Copied folder form A to B again. Now the sound is off by about 3 seconds. No editing has been done yet.

I compared the folder contents between A and B and they are identical!

Any ideas out there?

Thanks, Martin Nohr

• 1. Re: audio video lost synchronization when copied
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I have no idea how this is happening, without outside intervention. Since the Copy function is byte-for-byte, the files should not be changed in any way.

Looking at your Clips in the OOS Timeline, are there any +, or - numbers at the Head of the Clips in the Name area? For 3 sec., these numbers should be around -90,or +90 for NTSC.

Though finding the cause is job 1, this ARTICLE will give you tips on fixing it.

Good luck,

Hunt