2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 12:47 PM by Newsgroup_User

Two animated gifs

Level 7
      Hi all,
      I'm new to Fireworks, this is maybe a basic question

How can I put two animated gifs side by side to make one animated gif?

I have tray a copy paste side by side but the frames are different, the
      first gif have 31 frames and the second have 58 frames

I work with Fireworks 8 - Win XP

Thanks in advance

Sam

• 1. Two animated gifs
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Well, first you'd want to expand the canvas size of the document to accommodate the new images in each slide (Modify-->Canvas-->Canvas Size, then set an anchor and add the number of pixels to the canvas that you need).

From there, just open up the other animation, and copy and paste the frames one by one to the newly resized file. To fill in the missing frames I suppose you could duplicate certain images to match the larger frame count.

God I hope that makes sense, lemme know if you have any questions. Or if someone else has a better approach I'm sure the OP would appreciate it.
          • 2. Re: Two animated gifs
            Level 7
            Thanks for your help

The two animated gifs have different times in the frames, so one image is
            waiting for the other one

It was just à tray, I'll leave this for the future

Thanks again

"JoeyD1978" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
            fcmfa9$148$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Well, first you'd want to expand the canvas size of the document to
            > accommodate
            > the new images in each from (Modify-->Canvas-->Canvas Size, then set an
            > anchor
            > and add the number of pixels to the canvas that you need).
            >
            > From there, just open up the other animation, and copy and paste the
            > frames
            > one by one to the newly resized file. To fill in the missing frames I
            > suppose
            > you could duplicate certain images to match the larger frame count.
            >
            > God I hope that makes sense, lemme know if you have any questions. Or if
            > someone else has a better approach I'm sure the OP would appreciate it.
            >