2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 1:37 AM by Xeranoxus

Black lines appear grey

Xeranoxus

Hi. I have a newbie question regarding the appearance of figures in Illustrator.

When I make objects such as lines and rectangles with black color, they appear grey and diffuse (especially for thin lines). I'm able to change the line color, but it's not possible to make the lines appear completely black. If I change to outline mode (Ctrl+y), the lines appear as thin black lines. I want the same appearance (for some of the objects) in preview mode as well. I also experience that when I copy figures, the copied figure appears different from the original one - the line color changes and/or becomes thicker than the original. As far as I can see, the settings are identical for both objects. Is there something I can do about this? I appereciate any help.

SN

• 1. Re: Black lines appear grey
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Check your preferences for rich blacks and make sure your monitor is not mis-tweaked. Likewise, check color profile settings, if you use some.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Still not working properly...
            Xeranoxus Level 1

Thanks! I don't think I have changed the default settings. My  settings are:

- Show all blacks as rich black

-  Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0

I don't have other issues  with my monitor, and the lines show fine in outline mode. However, I  have discovered that the lines appear black if I zoom in. But I still  don't understand why identical objects look so different.