2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 6:51 PM by zipmin43g

PE8 in Win7: the "used" column not checked in the Organize/Project list

zipmin43g

I have many files in my project that are displayed in the list but many do not have the "used" column "check mark" next to it; also the "video" or "audio" columns are blank.  I am referring to files that are in the timeline.  If I "cut" the file from the list, it does not ask me "This action will also delete one or more clips used in your Timeline or Menu.  Do you want to continue?" ... it just deletes it from the project list and leaves it in the Timeline.

This makes it very difficult to cleanup the list of unused files.

Any clue as to what the problem is and solution?

• 1. Re: PE8 in Win7: the "used" column not checked in the Organize/Project list
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You may have duplicates in your Project media panel-- so go ahead and clear the clips that don't have a check mark next to them.

BTW, removing clips from your Project media panel just cleans up your Project media panel. The clips remain on your hard drive and in your Organizer unless you use the Organizer or Windows Explorer to physically remove them from the drive. So I'm not sure how much "cleaning up" simply removing them from your Project media panel will do.

• 2. Re: PE8 in Win7: the "used" column not checked in the Organize/Project list
            zipmin43g Level 1

Using the same two test projects with just 4 pictures each, I found that with:

. project setting HDV-720: the "used" column and "video usage" or "audio usage" columns eventually go blank (after opening & closing the project several times)

. project setting STD (720x480): all columns remain checked and counted.

I understand that my media on the hard drive is separate from the project panel list.

I like the project list being correct since it tells me what media are being used and how many times in the timeline.

I can quickly scroll throught the list for media that I may want to duplicate or insert in multiple places in the timeline.

This way I don't have to re-import something that I already have in the project.

Thanks