5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 6:28 AM by pziecina

Spry menu not working online

Soulcast

Hello,

I am rather new to the whole web design business, so I hope that this is a noob problem that I'm having and is easily resolved. I made a website in Dw CS4 that works fine locally when I run the files, but when I uploaded all the files to my host, all Spry assets are non-functional... I uploaded the extra Spry files to the server with the web pages and such but I don't think that the web page can find the Spry assets.

My website is (mostly) online and is located here: http://www.soulkreig.com. The site is hosted with Godaddy. The Spry assets in question are the  Spry Horizontal Menu Bar, and the Spry Accordion.

I am hoping that this is just a broken link to the supplemental files or something like that, but even if it is, I still don't know how to fix it...

Any help at all would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Spry menu not working online
          pziecina Level 6

Hi

Some how you have managed to overwrite your spry menus css file with the html page code, you will have to correct this for your code to work correctly.

PZ

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Spry menu not working online
            Soulcast Level 1

Thank you but I have no idea what that means... how would I go about fixing this?

• 3. Re: Spry menu not working online
              pziecina Level 6

Hi

This is the offending file -

<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

You will have to delete this file then if you are using DW CS3/4 install the spry updater, (if you have not already done so) available here - http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/.

Select the spry updater from the DW commands menu and select the css file and it will insert the file for you. Alternatively insert a new spry menu allow DW to insert the files, then delete the new menu html code from your page, (not the link to the css file) and upload.

PZ

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Spry menu not working online
                Soulcast Level 1

Thank you so much for your attempts to help me, but I just don't get what you said to do. I would deeply appreciate it if you would break that down with a little more description and more simple words... I got it up to downloading the files, but I don't know how to update Spyr, Dw, and my pages... But thanks for you help so far.

• 5. Re: Spry menu not working online
                  pziecina Level 6

Hi

First download the spry updater I pointed you to, close dreamweaver and open the adobe extension manager. Select dreamweaver in the extension manager, then select install from the menu options, navigate to the spry updater extension and select this, then select o/k to all on-screen prompts.

Once the spry updater is installed open dreamweaver. Open the html page with the spry menu and delete the 'old' css file, select the spry updater from the Site menu item, (main dw menu) select the item for the spry menu, and click on update.

Upload the html file and all your spry assets to your server.

PZ