3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2010 12:19 PM by Agi1984

Mouse over versa Clicking? Please help:)

Agi1984 Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me to do the following action:

If you click on the link below, you will see the barstools on the left handside. When you click on the individual images, an image and a text will show up next to it. I was wondering if there would be any way, that the picture and the text would show up without clicking on it. Instead of clicking, I roll over my mouse. I really hope somebody can help me with this. Thank you so much for your help!

http://mallinfurniture.com/bs_15.html

• 1. Re: Mouse over versa Clicking? Please help:)
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might be able to get rid of the <a href...> links and use onMouseover commands in the image tags, but the way that thing works, loading a new page for each image, it isn't really a practical solution.  If you wanted to see one of the middle chairs you may never get to it due to having to mouse over the ones in the outer columns.

You could try using just image swapping and not open a new page for each.  But I'm not sure how you'd deal with presenting the different data for each chair style.  You would have to store the data as variables and write it to some element for each when the image swap occurs... or maybe you could create images that include both the chairs and the text.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mouse over versa Clicking? Please help:)
            actionscafe Level 1

Hi...

I posted a response to your question, then realized that it wouldn't work for you but couldn't find a way to delete it. Sorry for this.

• 3. Re: Mouse over versa Clicking? Please help:)
              Agi1984 Level 1

Thank you so much! I used images including the text and made rollover images. It worked and ot looks really good! Thank you for the suggestions!