5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 11:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Blinking text or image ...

km79 Level 1

Hi,

can I achieve a blinking effect for text or imported still images (overlayed over a video) in PE8?

Currently I add the image/text to a track, cut it, move it a little bit to get some free space, place it again, cut it, ... it's very annoying to let it blink multiple times.

Thanks

Konrad

• 1. Re: Blinking text or image ...
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Konrad,

Depending on exactly what you want, I would first look into Keyframing the fixed Effect>Opacity. You can "dim" the text by dropping the Opacity down, and then "brighten" it by increasing the Opacity. You might even want to Keyframe in some Blur to make it look like the text has really brightened.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Blinking text or image ...
            km79 Level 1

Thanks,

but even with this method, I have to do alot of thing one single on-off-on sequence. Letting a text blinking 50 times or so for a couple of different texts/objects is very laborious. Hope, there is something like "let this element blink with a frequence of X"-Effect :-)

Konrad

• 3. Re: Blinking text or image ...
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Konrad,

You can do this fairly easily, by setting the Duration of say your Title to be one "cycle" of "blinking." Do the Keyframing as required. Now, add how ever many instances of that Title, as you need, and Rt-click on your first one, choosing Copy. Select all the rest, and Rt-click, choosing Paste Attributes. Done.

Another option would be to look into a plug-in, like ProDAD's Heroglyph, which has control for attributes like this. Another similar program is Pixelan's Spice Master. Do not know how it interfaces with PrE, but works great in PrPro. I also like BluffTitler.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Blinking text or image ...
                km79 Level 1

Many thanks!

Will try this :-)

• 5. Re: Blinking text or image ...
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Good luck, and you are welcome.

Just use your first instance of the Title, as your "master," and work out the pacing of the "blinking" with one cycle = the Duration. This might take a bit of experimentation, but once you have that set, just Keyframe the animation, and use that for any number of additional, equally sized instances.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Hunt