2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2010 8:17 AM by de5ignfreek RSS

PDF Fixups

We have a current workflow where we produce Hi Res PDF's with crops and bleed for print purposes. We also need to create a low res pdf without crops and bleed (crop to trim) hopefully without having to go back into InDesign and re-producing the PDF.

Can anyone tell me how to produce a FixUp to accommodate this.

I know you can crop the document to the Trim Size from the 'Document' menu and selecting 'Crop Pages'.

Is there anyway of incorporating this into a FixUp or Preflight profile along with reducing the file size and saving to an assigned folder different to the source folder?

• 1. Re: PDF Fixups
          Paul Cracknell Community Member

Hi Mark,

Yes this is possible, you need to look into Batch Processing. See Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing... where you can create a custom sequence to crop, preflight save to source folder etc.

• 2. Re: PDF Fixups
            de5ignfreek Community Member

Is there any way you put all of the batch processing and preflight into one Droplet that can sit on numerous desktops?

Plus I have ran a batch process and it has converted all the original hi res files to low res as well as saving a copy to the output folder. Is there anyway of retaining the original file?