1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 7:42 PM by CVK-USA

Template problem

IcyComet1
      Hopefully I can explain this clearly...

I made a web page, everything works fine with the template page, but when I compressed it as a zip file and sent it to another person to upload it, the template on their computer is no longer connected to any of the pages. For some reason, it was still connected to the template on my computer...

The template is in a folder called templates and the name is template, so here's some of the code:
      <!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/Template.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->
      <head> etc etc

It says /templates/template.dwt so it should be correct right? I'm relatively new to Dreamweaver so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it
        • 1. Re: Template problem
          CVK-USA

IcyComet1 wrote:

The template is in a folder called templates and the name is template, so here's some of the code:
          <!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/Template.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->
          <head> etc etc

It says /templates/template.dwt so it should be correct right?

Just a hunch: Did you check to see if  capitalization of file and folder names still matches? /templates ist not the same as /Templates. Same with the filename.

What exactly do you mean by "the template was still connected to the template on your computer"?