• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practices for Flash CS5 and Flash Builder 4 integration?

Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Flash CS5's new XFL file structure/format, what's the best way to structure project files for Flash CS5 integration with Flash Builder 4? Flash CS5 autocreates a folder named after the xfl file as the outer container, and then all the assets/xfl within it. Should this folder be used as the project folder for Flash Builder 4, or better to nest the xfl container folder in a "real" project folder? I would presume the latter, since you might have multiple XFL files in one project. I was hoping to see some automatic linkages between document class of the Flash CS5 XFL file and any default ActionScript class created by Flash Builder, but so far I seem to need to specify a document class directly in Flash CS5's environment and making sure that the path to a default class created by Flash Builder is correct.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely, you know that, but just in case, you can integrate new Flash project into existing Flex 4 project  from within the Flash Builder by choosing either Flash Component or Flash Container from the FB Design view. In such workflow Flash Builder opens the Flash CS 4 (I assume that should be the same for CS5) and takes care of the integrating the newly created Flash project into original Flex 4 project.

FTQuest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines