4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 2:28 PM by kdfndjh

Portions of the video are pushing through larger then wide screen.

kdfndjh

I'm using Premiere Elements 7.

I export my video's as 16:9 wide screen windows media file. What happens when I play it back to watch it is portions of the video are larger then 16:9. It's weird, everything is perfect wide screen and then all of a sudden something pushes through larger then wide screen.

Is there a setting in Premiere Elements 7 that makes it so that the video is 16:9 wide without anything being allowed to be larger then that?

For an example, take a look at a video I just edited for my website home page, www.SilverDoveProductions.com. About 27 seconds in you'll see a graph also showing "1200%" push through and end up larger then the normal wide screen. At 32 seconds the next shot pushes through at the bottom. Then it happens a couple of other times.

This isn't the only video that does this. I've got one ready to go now but I can't use it because it's pushing the size too large and making the video look funny.

I thought when it exported it would force things to stay within the 16:9 wide screen size and not allow it go past that point. I need to find a solution and hope you can help. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Portions of the video are pushing through larger then wide screen.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your web site looks terrific, by the way. Some very nice video there.

Which settings are you using for your video project? What kind of camcorder is your video coming from?

Are you outputting the FLV file directly from Premiere Elements, or are you outputting something else from Premiere Elements and then using another program to generate the Flash?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Portions of the video are pushing through larger then wide screen.
            nealeh Level 5

I don't see the effects your describing. The following shot is the maximum that the 1,200% frame fills. This is using Adobe Flash Player v10 in FireFox with Quality setting high.

1200-2.png

Are you using an old or third-party flash player?

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Portions of the video are pushing through larger then wide screen.
              kdfndjh Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the compliment on the website.

It looks like I found a solution to my problem.  I redid everything and reposted the video on my site so you may not have seen the orignal problem.

What I ended up doing was resizing the photo's so that they were 1920x1080, someone had suggest that and it worked.

What I thought would happen is regardless of the size of the pictures, I thought when it exported as wide screen it would force everything to stay within that wide screen size.  When it didn't, it really through me.

I wish I didn't have to resize everything but I guess that's just the way it is.

In answer to your questions an in case you have any other suggestions, I use a Panasonic HMC150 AVCHD footage.  When I export it's a windows media file.  Then I uploaded it to YouTube and they turned it into a flash file.  I do it that way because after experimenting that gives me the best quality when using YouTube.

Thanks for you help.

Michael

• 4. Re: Portions of the video are pushing through larger then wide screen.
                kdfndjh Level 1

Hi Neale,

You can see what I said to Steve as well but it looks like the problem is fixed.  I ended up resizing each of the pictures to be no larger then 1920x1080 and it looks great now.

I must have uploaded the updated video before you saw it which is why you didn't see the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to go to the website and watch it in hopes of helping.

Michael