1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 8:06 AM by jdldn

Use eye dropper tool with gradient's slider?

jdldn Level 1

I have a shape that im coloring with a gradient. If I click on one of the sliders in the gradient panel, then in the color panel I can change the color of that slider. However, I dont seem to be able to use the eye dropper tool.

If I use the eye dropper tool then it colors the entire shape with the color I chose, removing the gradient. Im trying to recreate the gradient from an image but its going to take some playing around to look righ, so I need to be able to use the eye dropper to select colors for the graditent.

How can I do this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Use eye dropper tool with gradient's slider?
          Harron K. Appleman Level 4

Deselect all, then click with the eyedropper to take a sample. The fill color in the toolbox should take on the color of your sample.

At this point you can click-drag the color from the toolbox directly onto the gradient palette/panel to apply that color at the desired point along your gradient.

Alternately, you can click-drag the fill color from your toolbox into your swatches palette/panel to make a new swatch. Repeat with as many sampled colors as you'd like. Then, click-drag a swatch onto a color stop in the gradient palette/panel to apply that color to a gradient.