2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 1:56 PM by Fivetwelvish

FB4 (release) will not start up - has anyone experienced this, too? (x-posted)

Fivetwelvish

My apologies for cross-posting but the other Flash Builder forum seems to get very little traffic.

In a nutshell, when starting up FB4 (release) on OS X 10.5.7, it shows a window stating "An error has occurred." telling me to go look at the log and proceeds to crash.

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/2756194 for screenshot and excerpts of the log.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

regards,

Victor

• 1. Re: FB4 (release) will not start up - has anyone experienced this, too? (x-posted)
          RandomReado Level 1

I've had this too. I had a project open and I closed Flex. The network path to the project changed, and when I reopened Flex the next time round, this is the error I got!

The .log file told me nothing - just lots of stuff that makes no sense.

So I renamed my Flash Builder 4 folder inside my profile. I'm on Windows 7, so for me this was located under C:\Users\<username>\ called "Flash Builder 4". This contained all the project information, including the .log file, but the projects themselves are hosted remotely.

By renaming this folder to something else and restarting Flex, it worked, but I had no projects listed and all my custom settings were gone. All I had to do was re-import all the projects from the new network path and I was ready to go.

• 2. Re: FB4 (release) will not start up - has anyone experienced this, too? (x-posted)
            Fivetwelvish Level 1

Thanks, RandomReado -

This saved the day. For anyone on a Mac, delete /users/[user]/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4/.metadata folder. There may be a more specific subdirectory in which to clear and I haven't had a chance to see if it has also eliminated any prefs I modified earlier but getting up and running was much more important to me than any other inconvenience (hint: duplicate a copy of your .metadata folder before deleting it).

cheers,

Victor