2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 9:50 AM by the_wine_snob

sound problem

honour370

Hi

I'am total newby to adobe premiere.

I have cs 4 pro edition.

I have two problems with sound. First one is when i add video files to my project, there is no sound after 5th or 6th second.

Second problem is after i added the spesific part of the video to timeline synchronous of the video is broken. Sorry for bad english. I mean sound and video doesnt match up.

What can I do to fix these problems?

Thank you very much for your helps

• 1. Re: sound problem
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you have not given sufficient info to help you. Click on the following link, read and follow the second link:

Some suggestions... and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.

• 2. Re: sound problem
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Harm's suggestion (especially the 16-questions), this ARTICLE might give you some tips.

Often with Audio "drop outs," the issue is the source material. MP3, MPA, Xvid/DivX, etc., highly-compressed Audio sources are often the culprits.

Outside of PrPro, convert this delivery-only material to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, and Import that. I use Audition, but the free audio-editing utility, Audacity, can do it too. You will NOT recover the lost Audio fidelity, as it is no longer there, but the format/CODEC will now not be an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt