• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reduce the file size in Adobe Reader 9?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wordpress isn't allowing me to upload files larger than 2MB. How do I resize my PDF in Adobe Reader 9 so that it is <2MB?

Thank you very much for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader cannot do such a thing.

If the file is just slightly larger than 2MB, you can compress it into a ZIP or similar compressed format.  If it is much larger, you may need a professional tool that can compress a file into multiple junks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need Adobe Acrobat for this purpose.Adobe Reader will not be able to help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do it in Adobe Acrobat Professional? I can use Acrobat Pro at school. The file is 12MB and I need it to be around 2MB. The people at GoDaddy aren't able to assist me with altering my .htmlaccess file and I have no idea how to do that! Thank you very much for the help!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Acrobat, open a PDF file.
-Choose Document > Reduce File Size.
-Select Acrobat 8.0 And Later for file compatibility, and click OK.

When you choose the compatibility level, be aware that the newer the version of Acrobat that you choose, the smaller the file. If you choose compatibility with Acrobat 9, however, you should be sure that your intended audience does indeed have version 9 installed.

Name the modified file. Click Save to complete the process.

It is always a good idea to save a file using a different name so that you don't overwrite an unmodified file.
Acrobat automatically optimizes your PDF file, a process that may take a minute or two. Any anomalies are displayed in the Conversion Warnings window. If necessary, click OK to close the window.
Minimize the Acrobat window. View the size of the reduced file. The file size is smaller.

You can repeat steps stated above using different compatibility settings to see how they affect file size. note that some settings might actually increase the file size.
PDF Optimizer offers more opportunities to control quality trade-offs.
Choose File > Close to close your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines