1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2007 8:09 PM by kglad

Arranging attachMovie MCs

Shad0wdrag0n
      I have a couple AS2 questions. I'm working on an rpg style inventory, just to see if I can figure it out (and maybe add it to an rpg game later on). I've figured out how to get it so an item is added to an inventory MC when the player picks up an item (using attachMovie). What I can't figure out is how to make the item appear in the first empty slot in the inventory. So, if the first and second slots have items in them the new item will be added to the third slot, or if the first and third slots have items in them then the new item will be added to the second slot.

I'd also like to make it so items can be moved around in the inventory, so the player can organise the items in the inventory however he/she wants. I know how to make an item that can be picked up and dropped onto a set location, but I don't know how to make it so an item can be picked up and dropped onto any one of several locations.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the internet for tutorials that might help, but so far I haven't had much luck.