4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 2:49 AM by JohnWinkler

ACR 5.7 and 32-bit?

kjkahn
      When I started to run the installer, it said 64-bit. Will that version run on 32-bit systems? I didn't see a 32-bit version available for download.
        • 1. Re: ACR 5.7 and 32-bit?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did the installer update your version of Photoshop or not?  This installer will tell you if it doesn't find a compatible product.

• 2. Re: ACR 5.7 and 32-bit?
            kjkahn Level 1

Thanks,

When I saw "64-bit" I was afraid to continue and canceled the installation. I just tried it and it worked fine. I'm building a 64-bit box and look forward to installing the 64-bit version of CS5.

I liked the old system where all an ACR upgrade required was dragging one file (Camera Raw.8bi) into the proper folder.

Ken

• 3. Re: ACR 5.7 and 32-bit?
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dragging one file was in the days of one-size-fits-all color, before camera-match profiles and custom camera profiles were possible.

• 4. Re: ACR 5.7 and 32-bit?
                JohnWinkler Level 1

Ken raises a good point here. It's the second time I've been caught out and cancelled it also.

The installer boldy announces itself as "Photoshop Camera Raw (64 bit) " and whilst this may only be a minor cosmetic issue it's misleading and to uninitiated somewhat confusing and annoying.

Needs a little tweak......Adobe?

Cheers,

John