3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 9:27 AM by David_F57

Databases

SpaghettiCoder Level 3

Just out of curiousity, what databases do you guys run, MySQL, Oracle, MSsql ? Other?

• 1. Re: Databases
          David_F57 Level 5

hi,

If I have the choice its mysql(amfphp/zendamf for access), otherwise its up to the client, enterprise tend to stick with M$sql or Oracle, I like clients that don't care

David.

• 2. Re: Databases
            SpaghettiCoder Level 3

I've mainly been using MySQL till now, the main prob with MS or ORACLE is you need like a 4 year degree to figure out how to run those things, whereas mysql you can be up and going in like 5 mins...

You ever have issues with MySQL? corrupted data issues mainly...

• 3. Re: Databases
              David_F57 Level 5

hi,

Never had any issues with mysql, (that weren't caused by me), pre flex I always used firebird very fast and very powerful, I always thought when I have time I would look at possibly using it for things I hosted, but then its easier to just have one thing to work with rather than trying to keep up with to many options. At least with oracle/m$sql the client usually does the backend so I just need to get the flex/backend interface working. Oracle is a nightmare and M$SQL just way frustrating. Best of all with apache/mysql/php I don't need to worry about licensing fees(now if I could just become a php wizard i'd be happy).

David.