5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 3:45 PM by JimEaston

No sound during editing

JimEaston

I have Premiere Elements 3 and for some reason I cant get the sound to come out while editing during playback. The audio track is enabled and I can when I write click on the track and go to edit.  It plays.  It has worked before but for some reason this project it is not working

Any ideas would be most appreciated

Thanks

Jim

• 1. Re: No sound during editing
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help
          A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No sound during editing
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It could be related to the video format you are working with. What type of camcorder did it come from?

Or it could be your ASIO settings. Go to Premiere Elements Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click the ASIO Settings buttons. Make sure that the settings in the program match your actual hardware configuration.

• 3. Re: No sound during editing
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you some things to consider, regarding Audio.

Have you updated your audio drivers in the last week, or so. If not, that would be my suggestion.

Also, as Steve says, please tell us about your Project Preset and also you source footage. The more detail, the better. If you need to find the details, the great free utility, G-SPOT, will tell you all about your source footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: No sound during editing
                JimEaston Level 1

It was the ASIO settings.  I have two hardware settings;HDMI to my tv and speakers for the PC.  I had swapped it over in Windows to the speakers but did not realize that there were settings in the application that also had to be enabled.

Thank you very much

Jim

• 5. Re: No sound during editing
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

Great news, and thanks for reporting. The various settings and their locations were what prompted me to do the general Audio article in the first place. I felt that it was easier to group a lot of possibilities into one place, than play Twenty Questions, until the exact cause was found.

You might want to check out any of your other programs, that use Audio, as they might need to be reset too. I had to go with the free, universal driver, ASIO4ALL, for my DD 5.1 SS on my Creative 24-bit Live card. I knew to set it in PrPro, Encore and Audition. It was not until later on, that I found that I had to set it in PowerDirector, and a dozen other programs, including 4 by Magix. Just never thought about having so many Audio programs, with hardware settings!

Good luck,

Hunt