24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2010 10:17 AM by Joel-777 RSS

Flash Player doesn't work on NHL.com and won't uninstall either

BumpeeWorld Community Member

Hello, recently I've had a problem with flash player displaying videos on NHL.com and partner sites.

It may have to do with an update to the most recent flash, since I've not had a problem until a few weeks back.

I've contacted the site a few times and they've told me to uninstall Flash Player completely and reinstall it.

The problem is that "uninstall_flash_player.exe  (205 KB) (updated 02/11/2010)" which I am always redirected to on the Adobe site doesn't work for me.  When clicking the link, nothing happens.  When saving the link to my desktop or anywhere else on my computer, it downloads in a second with 0 bytes even though it says it should be 205 KB, so nothing runs when I try to run it.

Every other site that uses flash works.

From some reading, I think that I may have an older version of Flash or the updater is malfuntioning.  Even after I tried to uninstall through the controll panel, and manually by deleting every flash player file I could find (which may not have been the best idea), and reinstalling the latest version, NHL.com videos do not work... yet it's not the site that doesn't because it works for others.

I have a:

Dell Inspiron 1440

x64 based PC

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 Build 6002

And even though it doesn't work on IE or Chrome, my default browser is Firefox 3.6.3

Any solutions please?

Thank you!