0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 1:38 AM by kenneth83

Linking Drop Down Boxes / Combo Boxes

kenneth83

I wonder if I could ask someone to please help with a problem I am having with linking lists and combo fields? I looked at the tutoral for this and its exactly what I want to do (

http://www.acrobatusers.com/tutorials/2 … _livecycle) but still cannot seem to get this to work.

I have a list of items in a drop down (see below) and when you select one of these (such as Bachelor of Arts (BA)) I want a range of options in another drop-down (Mode of Study, eg. full-time) to become available to choose and once one of these is chosen I then want a defined variable to appear in a text box. The only exception to this is where variable mode of study is selected, as I would like it to be possible to have the option to make a custom entry into the text box. I'd also like to add a line if there is more than one qualification just like in your example where an order line can be added.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

Drop Down Variables 1 (Qualifcations) Examples (in total there are about 20 of these):

Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE)

Diploma of Higher Education (Dip HE)

Foundation Degree in Arts (FdA)

Foundation Degree in Science (FdSc)

Bachelor of Arts (BA)

Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)

Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)   etc....

Drop Down Variables 2 (Mode of Study)

Full Time

Part Time

Full Time & Part Time

Distance Learning (Full Time)

Distance Learning (PartTime)

Distance Learning (FT & PT)

Variable Mode

Text Box Defined Variables (Duration of Programme) - so when you select the two variable you get the = option

Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) + Full Time = 1 Academic Year
      Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) + Part Time = 2 Academic Years
      Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) + Full Time + Part Time = 1AY FT / 2AY PT
      Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) + Distance Learning (Full Time) = 1 Academic Year
      Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE) + Distance Learning (Part Time = 2 Academic Years etc.....