0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 11:55 PM by IAmTheMuffin

Having trouble with the Air/app crashing after 3 or so hours on Win 7.

IAmTheMuffin

Heya.

I have been battling with this issue for a few days now, trying to debug what might be the root cause. The application is a reaction game with organic creatures and movement via Bezier Splines and some physics. It uses some really intense calculations while the game is running. Anyhow, the game is being ran on a dedicated machine with Win 7 and AIR installed. It should be able to function about 13-16hours in a row, since it is a part of a science centers show, and it should be touring europe in the near future as well. Needless to say having the app crash every few hours isn't really an option.

So, after about 3 hours (checking from Win 7 error log) Windows notifies me that the application has stopped working and it just freezes the whole thing. I've been running it over nights to see when this error happens, and it seems to happen pretty consistently after around 3-4 hours of runtime with constant games. (having the game play itself)

This is what Windows error log says

Faulting application name: APPLICATIONNAME.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b66b0f3
      Faulting module name: Adobe AIR.dll, version: 1.5.3.9130, time stamp: 0x4b66b06a
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x00256e29
      Faulting process id: 0xaf8
      Faulting application start time: 0x01cae2f060312579
      Faulting application path: C:\Users\Muffinssi\Desktop\APPLICATIONNAME.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll
      Report Id: 2b358e12-4efb-11df-84f7-64b9e8d85ac7

Now from what I've tested from extended running of the game by itself, it doesn't leak memory, and it doesn't seem to throw any Flash based error at all. I set the Debug flag on the installed AIR app, and checked the trace log for any errors, there were none. Also no flash/air specific modal window about an error, only the Win 7 error about it stopped working.

I am at a loss here, what could be causing this error? Any ideas on how to fix this? I would really appreciate it!

Cheers

Niilo