5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 3:24 PM by the_wine_snob

Animated Title scroll up Stop

DRthiess

I just joined and thus a Newbie and not familiar with what's available and where such as add-on animated title styles.

Does anyone know where I can get a title style where a line starts off the bottom of the screen, scrolls up and stops near the top.  Then the next line starts off the screen, scrolls up and stops under the 1st line, then the 3rd line come up and stops below the first two lines?

Once the viewer has enough time to read the title, it simply fades off the screen.

I'l also like a line by separate line scroll in from the right and stops in the middle of the screen to then just fade away.  I found one where the entire message scrolls in from the right and stops but I'd like separate line by line.

Thanks for your help.  Cheers, DRthiess

• 1. Re: Animated Title scroll up Stop
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That can easily be accomplished by keyframing the animation for each title, DR.

If you're new with the program, you may want to check out my free Basic Training with Premiere Elements tutorial series as well as the dozens of other tutorials, tips and custom media products at http://Muvipix.com.

We've got a number of tutorials on keyframing animation there, including my Steve's Tips article "st_Basic Keyframing."

• 2. Re: Animated Title scroll up Stop
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Steve mentions, this is easily done with animation through Keyframes, with the fixed Effect>Motion>Position. To get your last credit Title to "fade off screen," you can add a Cross-dissolve Transition, Keyframe the fixed Effect>Opacity, or even Keyframe an Effect, like Gaussian Blur - or a combo of the Effects, depending on exactly the effect that you wish to achieve.

Steve's books cover Keyframing very well, as do his Muvipix Articles. I think that he has a 3-part series, just on Keyframing. I'd read those in order, as the concept is a bit abstract, until you do it once. Then, it will be second nature, and you will likely never use a Title animation Preset again, as you have the ultimate control with Keyframes.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Animated Title scroll up Stop
              DRthiess Level 1

Thank you, thank you.  I appreciate your willingness to help.  I'll work on your suggestions when I get a chance. 

Cheers,  David

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:44:07 -0600

To: drthiessen@hotmail.com

Subject: Animated Title scroll up Stop

Welcome to the forum.

As Steve mentions, this is easily done with animation through Keyframes, with the fixed Effect>Motion>Position. To get your last credit Title to "fade off screen," you can add a Cross-dissolve Transition, Keyframe the fixed Effect>Opacity, or even Keyframe an Effect, like Gaussian Blur - or a combo of the Effects, depending on exactly the effect that you wish to achieve.

Steve's books cover Keyframing very well, as do his Muvipix Articles. I think that he has a 3-part series, just on Keyframing. I'd read those in order, as the concept is a bit abstract, until you do it once. Then, it will be second nature, and you will likely never use a Title animation Preset again, as you have the ultimate control with Keyframes.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 4. Re: Animated Title scroll up Stop
                DRthiess Level 1

Thank you, thank you for your willingness to help.  I really appreciate it.  I'll work on it when I get a chance and I'll check out Muvipix.com.  It sounds like just what I need. 

Cheers,  David

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:18:00 -0600

To: drthiessen@hotmail.com

Subject: Animated Title scroll up Stop

That can easily be accomplished by keyframing the animation for each title, DR.

If you're new with the program, you may want to check out my free http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=%22PremiereElements8+Basic%22&btn.x=10&btn.y=2 tutorial series as well as the dozens of other tutorials, tips and custom media products at http://Muvipix.com.

We've got a number of tutorials on keyframing animation there, including my Steve's Tips article "http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=keyframing&btn.x=0&btn.y=0ng."

>

• 5. Re: Animated Title scroll up Stop
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Do check out Muvipix. Besides having a lot of great articles on editing and authoring, there are also some great Assets, like motion backgrounds, Menus, original music and more.

Good luck,

Hunt