1 2 3 4 Previous Next 123 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 10:39 AM by dMarks9

AVCHD CS4/CS5 and transitions problem

KamilekPOL Level 1

Hello. I found a big problem in premiere CS4 with transitions. So when we have some clips on timeline and we create transitions between its and click space everything its ok without rendernig for preview. But when we cut one clip and create transitions in the range of this clip is terrible.When we click space footage is not smooth and preview of this footage is terrible.Understand me ? Test in yours premiere cs4 I think that is problem of premiere but maybe can we solve its Help

• 1. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
          Harm Millaard Level 7

My guess is that the system is underpowered.

I can't replicate it, but it is typical of a system that just is not fast enough.

• 2. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
            KamilekPOL Level 1

I have strong comp: i7 920@ 3.6ghz, 12gb ram, raid0.When i run playback use of procesor is about 20 % . So maybe in preferences have i wrong ? Anyone can try use what I am saying

• 3. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
              Harm Millaard Level 7

To help you, you need to help us with more details.

Some suggestions... and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.

• 4. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                KamilekPOL Level 1

look for my problem once again.

DESCRIBE OF THIS MOVIE:

i have problem with premiere cs5 and transition i think this a big problem

premiere cs5 trial

and this two files from my camcorde panasonic 151e

Click on properties and its HD 50 frames mts files on avchd ofcourse

I have nice computer 8 Gb of ram and intel i7 raid 0 from seagate 12

in my computer is gtx 285 so mercury playback engine runs

So lets go

i put this files on timeline and create transitions beetwen those

playback and ... everything its ok very nice

But wait we delete this

now we have one file and cut this file.

Now we create transition not beetwen two files but in the range of this MTS file

playback and you SEE what  happens.Horrible not smooth , this is nothing.

WHY ??

I try this with many difrrent files from canon 5d , sony NX5 and the same

in my premiere pro cs4 student edition its the same problem

HELP ME. You can download this files and try in yours comps and describe what happens

and link to download files: http://hotfile.com/dl/41048302/3d3ff20/mts_files.rar.html

• 5. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                  Harm Millaard Level 7
                  premiere cs5 trial

Did you read the limitations of the trial on the download page? That will answer your question.

• 6. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                    KamilekPOL Level 1

Harm this is not answer for my question. look for my youtube film. In cs4 is the same problem. Can you download this files and try in your premiere this ?? Please

• 7. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                      Harm Millaard Level 7

If I saw it correctly, your problem is your editing method. You use razor and then apply a transition. A better way to do that is to use the Source Monitor to set in and out points, drag to the timeline, repeat with the next clip and then apply a transition. If you have Clip A, razor it half way so you see A1 it will still contain all the rest of the clip, so inserting a transition over something still there will not work.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                        KamilekPOL Level 1

I always use razor in that ways for example in DV files .Yours method is not helpful. In yours premiere when you cut one clip and create transitions in the range of this clip is ok ?

• 9. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                          KamilekPOL Level 1

samebody help me ?? Try this ??

• 10. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                            Moxtelling Level 1

Hi

I have experienced the same issue having almost same system setup as you.

Try to start in CS5 from scratch - instead of opening a sequence in CS5 you have made in CS4 and converting it. That helped in my case. But it seems to be a weird issue - showing up from time to time....somwtimes playback is smooth even with a lot of transitions - sometimes they do not and PPro freezes.

Wich videocard do you have?

Morten

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                              KamilekPOL Level 1

i have Asus Gtx285. i create project in cs4 and convert this in cs5 but its still the same problem.Maybe i dont understand your advice ?? You can repeat this ?

• 12. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                Averdahl Level 3

KamilekPOL, i can reproduce it and have reported it to Adobe.

It has nothing to do with your workflow, it has to do with using one (1) clip twice on the Timeline, adjacent to each other. I cannot reproduce this with two different AVCHD clips, lets say two 720p50 clips.

I have not yet found any workaround. GPU Acceleration on or off does not matter. My project is created from scratch in CS5.

/Roger

• 13. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                  Moxtelling Level 1

OK - so you have MPE support then. I suggest you try to start all over and build you project insiade PPro CS5 from the

start - NOT IMPORT IT FROM CS4 - then try to see if your problems are solved.

I have GTX 260 and tried openinig projects build in CS4 - CS5 converts it and the projects played back very bad. But after starting from scratch inside PPro CS5 it all played back much better - transistions and all. I guess there are some issues opening old CS4 projects in CS5....wich gives playback issues...

• 14. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                    Moxtelling Level 1

Hey - thats excactly my problem too - I used the same AVCHD clip and editted it into smaller clips that I put together. Everytime the transitions goes stuttering and freezes PPro CS4 - tried opening that excact same project in PPro CS5 and got the same error - I have tried mixing a lot of diferent clips together and they playback smooth and nice - even with lots of effects and transition. Adobe please do something about this in future update! There must be a AVCHD editting issue here...

• 15. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                      KamilekPOL Level 1

no this project that is in on youtube and many diffrents its create in CS5 and as you can see is not good playback   :/

• 16. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                        KamilekPOL Level 1

YES. so this is not only my problem. I found this issue about one month ago when i bought my camcorder 151e. I will thinking that in CS5 everything will be ok but doesnt. Adobe fix this please. Thanks for responses,

Somebody doesnt have this issue ?? I think that all premiere cs4 and cs5 wiht and without MPE have this problem

Where Can i write to Adobe and notify about this ?

• 17. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

The best way to get this to Adobe is through the Bug Report/Feature Request. They take those very seriously. Please provide all necessary info for them to replicate the behavior in the Adobe lab.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                            Moxtelling Level 1

I use the Panasonic AG-HMC 151E too - could it be somehow related to AVCHD movieclips from that specifik camcorder? I normally shoot in 720 50P.

Anyone else with other camcorders having same issues with 720 50/60P clips - using one (1) clip twice on the Timeline, adjacent to each other causes transitions between clips to stutter/pause? Could be nice to find out if this issue is related too Panasnoic AG-HMC151 only or other AVCHD clips from other camcorders experience same issue?

/Morten

• 19. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                              KamilekPOL Level 1

i try this with

720p50 from HMC 151e

1080p25  from HMC 151e,

1080p25 from canon 5d,

1080p25 from sony NX5.

and every the same issue.Why anybody didint see this problem ??

this is so big issue !!!! I report this to ADOBE.

• 20. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                Moxtelling Level 1

Hi

YES - you do that. I have reported it too - but the more the better!

I have had this issue for a long time but everytime I thought it was something with my hardware that did not work. Now I realize that it has been this specific problem everytime.

I have just finished a quite big production with many long clips that I split into smaller clips (using the sourcenmonitor setting in and out points - dragging the clips to the timeline - many clips from the same long movieclip - excactly as you have described. And i have been pulling my hair out because everytime I had problems playing tranistions - and playing the timeline at all - especially when I added just the fastcolour and fx. crossdissolve. Then timeline preview played back slow and stuttering - and when coming to a tranistions the timeline continued playing - sound too - but the preview monitor paused. And after a while - some seconds it sometimes freezed or started playing triple speed to catch up with what it had not managed to play. My CPU went 100% and system freezed.

The same happens in CS5. And it seems - only with AVCHD clips. This is very anoying because one often have to use multiple short clips from one long clip - putting them together again etc. And playback was awfull.

So please Adobe - look into this ASAP! You are almost there with native AVCHD and MPE - playback is much better - right now I can play back up till 5 layers with AVHD clips playing fluid and smooth simultatiously with transitions and 5-6 effects on every clip - using a softmodded GTX 260. untill now it looks quite stable - but I (guess I) look forward to get my FX 3800 before I go into serious edditing....

/Morten

• 22. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Remember that when you file the Bug Report, do include all necessary info, so that Adobe can have something to work with. If one does not do that, then Adobe will be sitting wondering where to start.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 23. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                    Moxtelling Level 1

Hi

Anyone heard anything from Adobe about this issue yet? I have reported it but not got any confirmation from them about it.

This is quite frustrating because I now realize that a lot of my issues with playing back is related to this problem with PPro CS - both 4 and 5.

I record in long sequences and often use same clips - cut parts out and put the clips together again - who doesn´t? So this is a huge problem with PPro and AVCHD. Maybe the source for some of the other issues with PPro and AVCHD is related to this too?

Some one from Adobe - please look at this - it has to be solved ASAP, please. It makes it very frustrating working with AVCHD in PPro at all.

I have this issue during playback - the issue persists even though I have installed brand new FX3800 today. There must be some kind of bug here....

Morten

Message was edited by: Moxtelling

• 24. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                      KamilekPOL Level 1

Yes, CS5 is great, i work on trial and this only problem !!! But so big. I have reported it but not  any confirmation from them about it to.

HELP !!

• 25. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                        Moxtelling Level 1

Hey - just reported once more and got this mail almost imidiatly from Adobe Tech Support:

"

We have received this information and are working on reproducing this issue in house. Until we have more time to look into what is causing the problem, I can't say more than we are looking at it or give you a timeframe in which it will be fixed.

Thank you for reporting this".

So there is hope!

Morten

• 26. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Wil Renzces reported on on-going work on a very similar issue in another thread. His comment was that Adobe was working hard on getting a fix, and that they were shooting for a dot release. No time frame was mentioned either. Due to the similarities, I would assume that this is part of what is being addressed.

We just have to wait and see when and if the fix is issued.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 27. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                            Moxtelling Level 1

Hi Bill

Do you by any chance remember where Wil did comment on this?

Morten

• 28. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Morten,

I do not. At first, I thought that it was this thread, but went back and checked and no, not here. It was very, very recent, and I think his post might have been in the AM (PDT) yesterday, May 04. I'll keep my eye out for it, and link to this thread, if I find it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 29. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                jeremy d. Level 3

Roger, I got the bug you logged, and Morten, I saw your bug report, too.

I'm going ot be looking at this this afternoon. Any info that anybody can add would be helpful.

Jeremy

Premiere Pro QE

• 30. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeremy,

No info from me, but a big thanks for stopping by. Hope that the affected posters can get you enough data to reproduce this, so it can be addressed.

Your attention is appreciated,

Hunt

PS - welcome to the forum!

• 31. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                    KamilekPOL Level 1

I check this issue on another computer, notebook without of course MPE acceleration and the same :/

i hope that in this month Adobe  fixes this problem.  Bill thanks for  info.only waiting

• 32. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                      jeremy d. Level 3

I was able to reproduce this. My CPU usage hit the roof as soon as the CTI reached the dissolve, and playback seemed to freeze.

I'll let you know where this goes from here.

• 33. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                        Moxtelling Level 1

Hi Jeremy

Are you from Adobe? If you are you are most welcome - you should drop by more often ;-)

If this is a new standard procdeure from Adobe systems - to react as quick as you did on this issue and drop by the forums I - and I gues a lot of other good people in this forum - will be very happy! We all want to help each other and to get most out of your great products.  Iuseallmost every piece of software included in Adobe Master Collection CS5 99% of the time - both at my part-time work and in my little one-man company...so it really mean a lot to me to get things solved and looked into as quick as possible. And luckily I have only had serious issues with Premiere Pro - not any other programmes - love PS, AI, Flash etc. They really rock. But Premrer Pro is so demanding about hardware and is much more complicated to get up running really flawless. Bu CS5 is a great leap forward - no doubt. And after upgrading to new PC, new videocard and hopefully very soon to RAID - I thin I am almost there - being able to edit AVCHD without to much issues.

Thank you for looking in to this - it really has caused me several hours of lost workingtime and sleepless nights lately. Hope you will "kill the bug" very soon!

Morten

• 34. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Morten,

In an earlier post, Jeremy signed with the "QE" title, so one would assume...

Normally, we do get an Adobe presence along with the release of a new version. Some of those Adobe folk are in different departments from engineering to marketing. Most usually go back to their "day jobs," when things settle  down, and might not be seen again, until a dot release comes out.

We greatly appreciate their presence and try to extend a warm welcome, 'cause they are very busy at this point in a release.

We are also blessed with two Adobe employees, who do spend a good amount of time here. I am not sure of their exact function in Adobe, but think that both hang out here on their free time, just trying to help and provide some "behind the scenes" and "under the hood" looks to users. Again, we are grateful for their time, and their assistance. We have even given them special "recliner chairs" in the Lounge, that none of us can sit in...

Unfortunately, what often happens is that some new user will show up with a chip on their shoulder, begin yelling and screaming and demanding that these folk immediately help them and provide patches and full disclosure on everything. This disrupts the forum greatly, and often the Adobe employees just fade away, and I cannot say that I blame them.

We are luckier than most product fora, because of the number of Adobe personnel and the spread of their level of knowledge of the product. Many never see any Adobe employee. One forum, PS, has Chris Cox, one of the developers of the program. I think he hangs out on his own time, but maybe not. His comments are always valued there.

Just remember, do not sit in either of those recliners, when you're in the lounge!

Hunt

• 35. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                            jeremy d. Level 3

Well, Hunt, you're stuck with me. I'll butt in whenever I can help.

We've got a bug logged on this behavior internally, and I'll keep you apprised as the situation develops.

• 36. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                              Moxtelling Level 1

Hey Jeremy

Thx for your help. Looking forward to hear more from you soon about the bugg. Do you have any idea about how big a bugg it is? Are we talking major bugg that needs a lot of research or just a small one that we can expect to be killed very soon?

Hunt,

I´ll stand up whenever I´m in the lounge! ;-)

/Morten

• 37. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeremy,

Unfortunately, I think I need to correct you - we are honored to have you!

Now, do not believe Dennis, when he tells you horror stories about this forum. He's just trying to make a joke at your experience. Heck, he has survived for a bit now, and even gets the "<PING> Dennis" posts. We are glad that you are here and thanks for sharing what you can. It will be meaningful to the users. Most of the regulars, even the beta-testers, can only look so deeply into the program. We do the best we can, but can always benefit from expert advice.

Thanks for coming,

Hunt

• 38. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Morten,

Yeah, standing is OK. Jeff banishes me to the corner, behind the dusty plastic plant, whenever I act out. Standing is not that bad...

Good luck with the problem, and hope that it can be address quickly. Have to say that by this point with CS4, there were several fairly major issues that surfaced instantly. I'm hoping that CS5 will be nearly perfect. I'd always rather discuss some aesthetic issue, than try to track down Bugs, or solve installation issues. Lot more fun.

Hunt

• 39. Re: AVCHD CS4 and transitions problem
                                                                                    jeremy d. Level 3

Not a lot of research seems to be required here, it's more about when and, to a smaller extent, how. It's a bigg bugg from the AVCHD user's perspective, to be sure, but I don't think the fix is nearly as serious.

"KIlled very soon?" Maybe, but you wouldn't see a fix for this or any other issues which arise until an update is released. That will be "later."

What is this lounge of which you speak?

Hey Jeremy

Thx for your help. Looking forward to hear more from you soon about the bugg. Do you have any idea about how big a bugg it is? Are we talking major bugg that needs a lot of research or just a small one that we can expect to be killed very soon?

Hunt,

I´ll stand up whenever I´m in the lounge! ;-)

/Morten

1 2 3 4 Previous Next