2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2010 5:08 AM by mythicwave

Subfolders are not seen by the compiler

mythicwave Level 1

In an Actionscript Flash Builder 4 project, I have my main folder set to "src".  All of the files within "src" compile.  But I have several subfolders, each with several .as files, for example:

src

main.as

module1

mod1_1.as

mod1_2.as

module2

mod2_1.as

mod2_2.as

The subfolders are seen as packages in Package Explorer.  Yet none of the files are seen by the compiler, and none of the files within compile.  I can make obvious errors in the source files in these packages, but error messages are never generated.  I thought .as files within subfolders would automatically be processed by the compiler.  Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,

Brian

• 1. Re: Subfolders are not seen by the compiler
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

The compiler starts at the application and compiles it and anything it

references.  Sometimes I'll just make the module the "default application"

until it compiles.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Subfolders are not seen by the compiler
            mythicwave Level 1

Flex harUI wrote:

The compiler starts at the application and compiles it and anything it

references.  Sometimes I'll just make the module the "default application"

until it compiles.

Yes, I figured out that I had to reference all the sub packages with "import" statements.  Then the compiler sees them.  This wasn't the case when the project was in Flash CS4. Everything compiled automatically.

I'm now having a problem with embedding fonts.  They worked fine in Flash.  I'll try a couple more things then may ask another question.

Thanks.

--Brian