25 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 7:45 PM by RAMPAGEDANE

Premiere 7 Error

RAMPAGEDANE

It is saying Premiere elements is running low on memory. I bought a new PC just to get rid of that but now i have it, i have windows 7 with 8 gigs of memory how can i have a problem, I shouldn't even have problems in the first place.

• 1. Re: Premiere 7 Error
          nealeh Level 5

Is your Windows 7 the 32-bit or 64-bit version? If 32-bit then only around 3.5GB of your RAM is usable. A lot more information about your PC, PRE presets, Camcorder, Video clip and how it gets onto your PC is needed. Look here : Got a problem? Here's how best to ask for help.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Premiere 7 Error
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

These memory codes are also often caused by the type of video you're using to create your project.

What kind of camcorder did the video come from and how did you get it into your computer? Have you ensured that your Premiere Elements project settings match this video format? If you're using photos, have you ensured that they are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

If there is a red line above your clips on your timeline, have you rendered your timeline by pressing Enter?

• 3. Re: Premiere 7 Error
              RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

I have Windows 7 64-bit and let me correct myself i have 6 gigs of ram. and i use a JVC digital camera and i upload it with Everio media browser that comes with the camera and then i export it to itunes and then i put it on premiere ( I know it sounds weird but i can not port it any way else, if I do it straight from the camera it looks horrible and thats the only option to port it to itunes) all the specs for my pc is here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Desktop+with+AMD+Athlon&%23153;+II+Quad-Core+Pro cessor/9685029.p?skuId=9685029&id=1218146395806

my camera info is here http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Everio-MS120-Flash-Camcorder/dp/B001OMH1GY

I never have stuff running in the background, i shut down everything then i start editing.

• 4. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Everios are a strange breed of camera with some unique needs. The FAQs to the right of this forum might help.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/428054?tstart=0

• 5. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                  RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

That doesn't help me one bit because i don't have cyberlink.

• 7. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                    RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

Thanks guys, i finished the movie. All I did was took the movie and made it into an mpeg and put it into another file and i was able to add on to the film without any problems. The one thing I am having a problem with is i cant make the movie seem bigger because if you put it on tv it has black going around the whole screen and it makes it small.

• 8. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                      the_wine_snob Level 9
                      The one thing I am having a problem with is i cant make the movie seem bigger because if you put it on tv it has black going around the whole screen and it makes it small.

This is due to a mismatch between the Frame Size of your source footage and your Project Preset. These MUST match 100%, or you will need to then Scale up/down the source footage in the Timeline.

The great, free utility, G-SPOT, will give you the full details of your source footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                        RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

How do i match or scale them? Oh wait I think it just made it smaller because of burning it to a dvd thats why it looks different from my other movies, thanks anyways.

• 10. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, my suggestion to use G-Spot will get you started. First, you must find out the specs. of your source footage. Then, you need to choose Project Preset that matches. If there is not one, then the choices are to either convert to a matching setting, or to use Scale to Frame (or the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale) to get them to match.

PrE has a limit on the available Project Presets, so not all footage can be perfectly matched, without either the conversion, or the Scaling. PrPro has the Desktop Preset, which is a bit of a misnomer. It should be named "Custom Preset," as it allows one to manually change nearly all attributes in the Project Preset.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                            RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

I have a question, you know how there are video and audio 1 2 3 well how can i extend that to like 3 more spaces so i can edit more?

• 12. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

If you mean that you wish to increase the number of Video & Audio Tracks, just use Timeline>Add Tracks.

If you mean something else, let us have a few more details, please.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                              • 13. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                worriedboutPE7

I have been using PE 7 for a few months, all worked reasonably well, then I tired to open the prog today, and it keeps crashing

2 secs after clicking the open screen, a dialog box says " APPCRASH"

so its totally usless at present, Photoshop still works ok,

I tried uninstall and re installing same problem, I tried selecting OFF the Threaded option and Global settings on my Nvidia graphics card

still won't work ? any ideas ?

worreidboutPE7

• 14. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

It would probably be best to post separately, and give as much detail about your system, as is possible.

Also, when something works one day, but not another, then something has changed. It could be as simple as a video driver being rendered obsolete by an OS update, or one needing to upgrade QT Player. It does not take much in the way of a change to cause problems. The trick is to find out what has changed from when the program last worked and now.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 15. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                    RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

Ya thats what I meant thanks so much!

• 16. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                      Chris at JVC Level 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris.  I work for JVC and wanted to add a little to this discussion.

First of all, some full disclosure:  I am definitely still a newbie when it comes to Adobe Premiere Elements.  I do have Premiere Elements 8, on a Windows 7 computer, and I have been using it for a couple of months as time permits.  I have focused on Premiere Elements, as I believe it is the Adobe software that best matches the requirements of our typical JVC customers.  My goal is to understand the basics of how it works with our camcorders, so that I can hopefully be a little help in venues like this.  I have been posting on an occasional basis on these forums for a couple of months, as questions on JVC have come up.  I have some information that might be helpful.

1.  For me, Adobe Premiere Elements 8 (PE8) works very well with any JVC Everio cam that I have tried to use with it.  SD, HD, older or new.  Video imports very easily directly from the camcorder via USB, or from previous archives stored on the computer, with no conversion needed at all.

2.  Adobe has told me that this is the second generation of their PE software that works with Everio.  So, it seems that PE7 should work as well, although I do not have direct experience with that.  Of course, like any software, I would imagine that with each generation things get more refined, and I have no doubt that PE8 will do things that PE7 could not.

3.  Originally I did get a lot of crashing with the PE8.  I changed my video card, and have had much better results since.

4.  One of the key tips that I have learned is to pick the correct project preset when you start up.  Under "New Project", there are a variety of settings.  Including ones that are specific to working with Flash Memory camcorders.  The software even mentions JVC Everio specifically in the description of what the preset is for.

While I am at it, I hope you will indulge me for a moment as I take a little issue with the comment that "Everios are a strange breed of camera with some unique needs. The FAQs to the right of this forum might help." 

Our camcorders, much like software, have evolved and improved with each generation.  Having said that, our SD Everio cams record in MPEG2 with a .mod file extension, which is the same as several other popular brands.  Our HD Everio cams since 2008 all use AVCHD with a .mts file extension, which has pretty much becomes the industry standard for high definition recording among all major brands.  Having said that, I will gladly acknowledge that Hard Drive and Flash Memory camcorders are a completely different breed than the tape based cams that came before.  Because of this, the tips and FAQs that were applicable a few years back aren't always the best advice for people using the more recent product.

If PE8 is in your budget, it is definitely a great choice for what I would consider full "plug and play" compatibility with JVC Everio camcorders.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

• 17. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When someone starts out with incomplete information... I usually point them here

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

Since you have a WORKING system... how about posting the details of what WORKS, according to the questions at the link above

Especially the video card you removed when crashing, and what you now use that doesn't crash

Stable hardware is the FIRST step to good video editing

• 18. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                          Chris at JVC Level 1

Hi John,

I totally agree that stable hardware is the key, and when you first have a problem it's really hard to tell if it is the hardware or software.  It's often easy to blame the new software, if you weren't having other issues before.  The reality is, very few applications "push" hardware the way HD video editing software does, and sometimes, installing editing software is what it takes to expose the "weakness" in the hardware you already have.

There are so many variables with computers, that I want to emphasize that just because I had a problem with a specific card, doesn't mean it's a bad card.  It just did not work in my specific configuration.  Having said that, the 1st card I tried was an NVIDIA based card from EVGA.  That did not work for me.  I returned that first car and got an ATI Radeon HD5750 card from VisionTek which has worked very well for me.

Btw...  I am using a Power Spec PC with Windows 7 64 bit, an Intel Core 2 Quad running at 2.66Ghz and 4GB of RAM.

I hope this helps to answer the question.

Thanks,

Chris

• 19. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

As always, we appreciate your contributions to this forum. I've bookmarked several threads, to which you have replied, and point JVC users to those, when questions arise.

Thank you, and please share all of your thoughts and observations, as PrE users will benefit from them.

Hunt

• 20. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

With a PC, and the vast number of hardware variables, what seems to work fine for one user, might not do so for another. Even things like the BIOS chipset can make a world of difference, and then one throws in various peripheral cards and of course other software, and things can get confused and highly specific, that without the full details, it's virtually impossible to diagnose issues remotely.

John's list is a great starting point, when a user has an issue. It takes into account hardware, software, Assets (talk about variables!) and even the Project Preset chosen. We have a few similar articles, that we offer up, in hopes that the poster will provide all the necessary info. Sometimes, it is not until a dozen requests for info, that we find out the Assets are something like Xvid, or some other delivery-only format/CODEC. When we get a complete and informative post, we applaud the poster for having done the preliminary work.

Things are a bit easier on the Mac-side of the street, as the possible hardware configs. are limited. Still, issues do occur, so no one is immune.

You are correct that NLE work will usually point up weaknesses and in a hurry. Other than CAD, or 3D work, nothing even comes close to taxing a system, like editing video, especially HD video, can. Programs, like PrE and PrPro also interface with the video and audio drivers more than most programs will. That is why we usually offer a blanket suggestion to update the drivers, when a problem arises. Lately, however, some new drivers from both ATI/AMD and nVidia have been problematic, as well. That is why I keep older versions handy on my system, just in case a new driver has a problem. PrE also uses QT Player more than even its big-brother, PrPro, does. Again, some newer versions give Adobe programs fits. For that reason, I keep older versions handy, just in case I have to roll-back.

Hunt

• 21. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                                RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

I bought Premiere for $100 i don't need this, I am not going to go through a bunch of crap to fix Adobes sucky software they should be fixing it for me if i buy something that exspensive. I mean i know a lot of software has problems but what is Adobe doing?

• 22. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry that we could not help.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 23. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                                    RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

Ha ha ha You guys helped me with everything, I am talking about if you get on a $100 software that you have to fix manualy then why even pay the $100?

You are a user of Premiere that has to go and explain to people like me how to do these things and how to "fix" the problems when you can be having fun with editing. Don't you think about that or do you get paid by the hour to help people fix Adobe's buggy software?

Here is a link to my movie that you helped me edit thank you so very much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaCgyWWsGZc

• 24. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, helping others enjoy and use Adobe programs is fun for me. I love the programs, and use them daily, so I want to help other enjoy them too. Along the way, I usually learn something new. At my age, keeping the mind functioning is a good thing!

Now, when it comes to getting the most out of PrE, I cannot recommend Steve Grisetti's books, plus his Learning Series, and Boot Camp too much. They are oh so helpful, especially in light of the lack of a PrE manual (shame on Adobe).

Now, I come from a cine background, so editing is a second nature for me - just now it's digital and not film. It is easier to see things at a base-level and then work up to NLE work today. Others are coming to it totally fresh, with no prior knowledge, so it's easy to impart a few tid-bits that might help them.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - maybe Adobe will like my work and gift me a copy of CS5 Master Collection.... but I am not holding my breath.

• 25. Re: Premiere 7 Error
                                                        RAMPAGEDANE Level 1

Well at least you are having fun with it. I would like to know what you think about my movie so if you have the time to watch it I would be very happy.