5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 9:11 AM by hans-g.

MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include

hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

usually my "MenuBarHorizontal" looks like this in DW design mode:

drHGGB02.jpg

To illustrate, here the section "Properties":

drHGGB01.jpg

Using "server-side includes" however, my "MenuBarHorizontal" looks like that:

drHGGB03.jpg

Can I bring it to the previous appearance? Thank's in advance for your hint.

Hans-G.

• 1. Re: MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include
          martcol Level 4

Hello Hans

At the risk of asking the obvious, do you have a testing server set up on your local machine?

Martin

• 2. Re: MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include
            osgood_ Level 8

It doesn't look as though you have included the css that relates to the menu bar in the file that you are calling the include into.

If the css is not present or not linked to the page in which the menu is included it will have no presentation.

• 3. Re: MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include

Hi martcol, hi osgood_,

in order to take the wellknown advantage, I use the include command (<?php include("includes/InclBl.php"); ?>) on most of my websites. If you have look to my website http://www.goldschmiede-blumberg.de/indexBl.php and the followings, they all look fine (for me). The difference is really only if I work with my files in DW as I tried to show up there.

I tried to follow David_Powers's recipe from http://forums.adobe.com/message/2538973#2538973 (2. Jan 23, 2010 3:42 AM, and 5. Jan 23, 2010 6:34 AM  als Antwort auf: hans-g. Re: How to use "include" with a SpryMenuBarHorizontal? (Question modified)).

The only places I could link in my "InclBl.php" to a related css are here:

<ul class="MenuBarHorizontal Stil1" id="MenuBarIncl">
                          <li class="Stil72"><a href="#" class="MenuBarItemSubmenu">Home</a>

and here

<script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
              var MenuBar2 = new Spry.Widget.MenuBar("MenuBarIncl", {imgDown:"SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarDownHover.gif", imgRight:"SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarRightHover.gif"});
              //-->
              </script>

Do you think there are missing "../'s"?

Hans-G.

• 4. Re: MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include
                osgood_ Level 8

I can't see your set up but from your screen shot the spry menu is definitely not picking up the css.

David says in one of his replies this:

Make sure that each page has links in the head to SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js and SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css.

• 5. Re: MenuBarHorizontal differing look: simply used or in a server-side include

Hi osgood_,

thanks for answering again. David's advice "Make sure that each page has links in the head to SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js and SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" is realised at every *.php file, I dare to say.

But I have noticed an interesting change. After adding these characters ../ (In order to "manifest" the path) to a "normal *.php", (not in my <?php include("includes/InclBl.php"); ?>) at this point:

<script src="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                  <link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

to

<script src="../SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                  <link href="../SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

the look changed so too from

dr02.jpg

to this image!

dr02a.jpg

Could this be an approach to find the solution in doing an inversion of an argument? Unfortunately, the removal of .. / in the include file has been of no use. Please would you try again to keep the track, thanks

Hans-G.