4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 6:13 AM by ginufine44

ERROR (0::42) PLEASE HELP

ginufine44

hey guys. i'm opening up affer effects and a crush error number comes up saying it had to colse and the error number was ::42. at first acrobat distiller was force colseing untill i updated adobe reader to 9. Please help. i try removing the open gl and that's not working. is there anything else i need to do to fix this. please help.

• 1. Re: ERROR (0::42) PLEASE HELP
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please provide more info about your system - processor, graphics card, operarting system, RAM outfit as well as what otehr Adobe programs are installed. Also tell us the last status message on the launch screen for AE before it crashes.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: ERROR (0::42) PLEASE HELP
            ginufine44 Level 1

ok. i have a windows xp professional verson 2002 service pack 2. intel r core(TM) 2 qUAD CPU @ 2.40 GHZ. AND 3 GB OF RAM.

Well last night while looking at the forums i read on something about updateing quicktime . i did that and it work. so i shut my computer down. got up in the morning. opening after efects up and the same thing happen. something about RUNTIME ++ VISUAL. IT'S KILLING ME. I NEED AFFECTS TO WORK. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

• 3. Re: ERROR (0::42) PLEASE HELP
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Runtime errors usually point to a deeper, systemic problem. Perhaps some DLL is missing or the graphics configuration is messed up. Your issues with Quicktime would be indicative of the latter, i.e. accelerated drawing functions due to insufficient graphics resources. I recomment you verify your graphics driver and install the latest version. Additionally, simply let the system upgrade to service pack 3. This will repair any otehr issues that might exist like e.g. a damaged DirectX install. Also consider installing additional Windows components such as the .NET runtime 1.1. This replaces some system DLLs that may prove more stable to use on your machine.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: ERROR (0::42) PLEASE HELP
                ginufine44 Level 1

thank you for everything. i search for net runtime and net framework keeps coming up. is that the right one. and i think my graphics card is my matox rtx 2 or is that my video card. where do i look for my graphics card.