Sometimes it's better to cave in and rebuild than continue fighting. If you have checked out the rhsnippets file with a good project, trashed the CPD and those things, I personally would be thinking about not spending more time on a suspect project.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Thank you for the reply. I've never had to rebuild a project before. Can you tell me in more detail what I would have to do, or direct me to a resource that explains it? For example, what are the other things that need to be deleted other than the .cpd?
Ok. I got it figured out. Thank you Peter, you set me on the right track.
Here's what you need to do in case anyone else runs into the same problem:
1.(Obviously you'd want to make a back up of the project first)
2. Copy all snippet files (.hts extensions) to some other folder (outside of the project).
3. Delete all snippet files from the project (.hts).
4. Delete the .cpd file from the project.
5. Delete the rhsnippet.apj from the project.
6. Open the project, and import the snippets that you copied in step 2.
7. Generate project. Should be good at that point.