6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 4:40 PM by the_wine_snob

Menus and themes in Premiere 8

JoA41 Level 1

How many menus and themes are available in Premiere Elements 8 if you DO NOT have a plus membership?  I cannot find any information on what is included in this versionl.  When I downloaded the trial, almost all the menus and themes could not be used because I was not a plus member.  What I liked about Elements 3 was the large number of possible menu choices  If I have to pay $50 / year to get access to most of the menus, I will just choose a different program.  Are there other parts of the program that also are very limited if one does not purchase the plus membership.  (This all might be moot, as right now the program crashes so often I can't even use it.  Any word on a solution to that (on a computer without an N Vidia display driver?)

• 1. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
          nealeh Level 5

You need to download the extra themes from Adobe to go with the trial version. That will show you all that is available as standard. The link has been posted here before but I can't recall where! Perhaps the trial version has an option to download the material.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As Neale says, there are nearly 100 video effects and nearly 300 preset effects included with Premiere Elements.

• 3. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
              nealeh Level 5

JoA41,

Steve just posted the link (for the extra material) in another discussion: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_us&product=premiere_elements

Cheers,
              --
              Neale

• 4. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
                JoA41 Level 1

Are all of these menus and themes available even without a plus membership?  As stated above,

most of the trial menus were not available unless I bought a plus membership, which made no sense when I was using only a trial

version.

Thanks so much.  I was able to get the program running somewhat well on my desktop, but it would not find my dvd burner and while trying to get it to rescan, it closed without warning and when I tried to open the program again, it said I had to buy and enter a key.  I was using it for the first time on the desktop.  According to Adobe, there is no remedy for this problem.  Has anyone had problems with the program not finding the dvd burner.  Mine was available and working and I had a disk inserted.

• 5. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
                  nealeh Level 5

JoA41 wrote:

Are all of these menus and themes available even without a plus membership?

Yes. Everything included in the additional downloadable content is free of charge. Essentially the two downloads (1) the program (2) the additional content is the equivalent that you would get in the retail product.

JoA41 wrote:

Has anyone had problems with the program not finding the dvd burner.  Mine was available and working and I had a disk inserted.

Yes. My burners aren't recognised. It is uncertain what causes the problem but it can usually be fixed by reinstalling PRE. I don't bother with that myself as I always burn to a folder and then use Nero or ImgBurn to burn the DVD.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: Menus and themes in Premiere 8
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I was able to get the program running somewhat well on my desktop, but it would not find my dvd burner and while trying to get it to rescan, it closed without warning and when I tried to open the program again, it said I had to buy and enter a key.  I was using it for the first time on the desktop.  According to Adobe, there is no remedy for this problem.  Has anyone had problems with the program not finding the dvd burner.  Mine was available and working and I had a disk inserted.

This ARTICLE might be useful for troubleshooting why PrE cannot find your burners.

Hope that helps, and good luck,

Hunt