Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contextual Tagging Help

Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a RoboHelp 8 project that I'm using to output documentation for three different products. Just for the heck of it, we'll call these products A, B, and C. Now, A and B have been around for a while, and I've used contextual tagging to keep their unique content apart. So far, so good. However, product C is now here, and there's a slight problem. I want to use some of the content for A foc C, but not all of it. That is, in a perfect world, I woud be able to tag some of the content as A, some as C, and some as A AND C, and create a conditional output expression in Robohelp that says "it it's just tagged A, exclude it. If it's tagged A AND C, include it." However, I haven't been able to figure out how such an expression would work in RH. Does anyone know if such an expression is possible, and if so, what it would look like? Or am I doomed to going through and duplicating content for both products?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it as simple as marking some of the A topics with a tag A_Exclusive. When you generate your expression contains Not A_Exclusive and those topics will not be generated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a legitimate approach, and it's probably what I'm going to have to go with. I was hoping for a "less-work" style approach. Ah, well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp