Anyway, I open the Flash Catalyst file and select Edit with Illustrator CS4 to edit various text elements. Save the Illustrator file, etc, and when I preview the SWF, the things I've edited no longer work as expected.
For example, I wanted to change the 2010 panel on the left - the text at the bottom 'some tunes from 2010'. When I did this and previewed the SWF, the panel would vanish when clicked and not reappear though the area it once occupied is still clickable.
I don't [yet] have the expertise to build this in Flash so, apart from starting over, maybe Ajax is the solution - it'll certainly be easier to edit, but I'll have to settle for a default browser scroller.