2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 8:57 AM by malachite1234

Resizing and moving menu item

malachite1234

I am trying to increase the height of a menu in a menubar and move the items in the menu down. For example, if this is my menu structure:

Edit

----------------

> Cut

> Copy

> Paste

----------------

I would like to increase the height of the menu displaying Cut/Copy/Paste, and shift the Cut/Copy/Paste options down so that there is more padding between the top border and the first label and between the last label and bottom border.Sort of like this (not sure how this will come across):

Edit

----------------

> Cut

> Copy

> Paste

----------------

I can't do this by adjusting padding in the CSS because that also affects the spacing between items which I don't want to change.

I've tried extending MenuBar, and changing these settings on the menu.show event, but this doesn't allow me to access the actual menu items to change their y values. I tried a MenuItemRenderer, but this only moved the labels, not the full menu item (the highlight didn't move). I extended MenuBar, but this only affected the top level menu item.

There are so many possible parts to a menu and I can't seem to find the  right one. Can anyone tell me the best place to increase the height and move the items?

Thanks!