2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 11:18 PM by tgsoft

Create interactive PDF with fields

tgsoft Level 1

Hi,

I have created a workflow that uses assembler and DDX to create a complete XDP file from 5+ XDP files.

At first I used LC Output > GeneratePDFOutput service, but it created a flat PDF and I have fields in my XDP and the final PDF must be fillable.

I then used LC Forms > RenderPDFForm service. This created a fillable PDF. But when I compare with the old solution the final PDF had fields build with Acrobat and can have comments added. This is not possible in the PDF I have created with Forms.

Question 1:
      Is it possible to create dynamic PDF with fillable fields with LC Output?? and what am I missing if possible?

Question 2:
      Is it possisble to create dynamic PDF with fillable fields with LC Output or LC Forms that can have comments/markup added?? and how it is done?

.. a part from this small issue Assembler is just such a powerful service and can solve complex manual document assembly very strong

/Thomas Groenbaek

• 1. Re: Create interactive PDF with fields
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4

Question 1:
          Is it possible to create dynamic PDF with fillable fields with LC Output?? and what am I missing if possible?

No. Ouput is meant for output purpose like printers, so it will always create a non-interactive form.

Question 2:
          Isit possisble to create dynamic PDF with fillable fields with LC Outputor LC Forms that can have comments/markup added?? and how it is done?

You need to use LC Forms to create interactive/fillable PDFs. Now if you want to add comments (I'm assuming you talk about comments from the commenting toolbar), you'll need to load your PDF in Acrobat. If you just use Reader, you'll need to apply Reader Extensions to your PDF.

Jasmin

• 2. Re: Create interactive PDF with fields
            tgsoft Level 1

Hi Jasmin,

Stupid me, I know LC ReaderExtentions very well and we use it in other processes. We only use it for enabling saving data in reader, so just did not think of the commenting method it also provide.

Thanks
            /Thomas Groenbaek