3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 1:39 PM by Ned Murphy

Need help with simple action.

gmanise1

I'm starting to use Flash again after many years. I created a simple movie on my company website.

I have it set to play once and stop not to loop. I was asked to see if I could have it play once and stop like I have, but then have it replay when you mouse over. I know this is possible but how? Could anyone help?

• 1. Re: Need help with simple action.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You basically need to create a button of some sort that you can assign the rollover code to.  I would only assign this rollover capability to the last frame if that is where the animation stops (otherwise, whichever frame it stops at)... that way, you can't rollover it while its playing and have it start over and aover again.

You can create an invisible button that covers the entire stage and place it in the ending frame.  How you code it depends on which version of actionscript your file is using.

• 2. Re: Need help with simple action.
            gmanise1 Level 1

Thanks for the fast response. I new it was possible, now I will figure out how to create an invisible button. Is the code I need built into flash as a default action or do I need to find it on the Web?

Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: Need help with simple action.
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The easiest ways to create an invisible button are to either...

1) create a button symbol and draw a rectangle in only the Hit frame.  You can expand the button's height and width as needed, so no need to size it up front.

2) create a movieclip symbol and draw a rectangle in its first frame. Place it on your stage so you can size it and code it while you can see it, then set its alpha to zero via the properties panel.