• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution: debug launch error on Windows7

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error this post fixes (at least for me) is regarding debugging flex apps in a browser.  The problem being that the debugger fails to attach to the debug flash plugin on subsequent debug attempts (the first always being successful).

My install of Flash Builder 4 came with flashbuilder.ini containing the following line:

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

From searching the web, I see that this was to address the same issue on previous versions of Windows (at least Vista).  However this now causes the same issue on Windows7.

To fix this issue on Windows7, simply remove the line or replace with

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false

Hope this helps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The root cause of this issue was a Java bug related to IPV6. I'm surprised that you ran into the issue and removing the use ipv4 line fixed it for you.

Original FB bug: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-9902

Java  Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6598160

Can you share your Java version, browser name/version and whether it is Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

---

Anirudh Sasikumar,

Flash Builder Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64-bit

IE 8.0.7600.16385
Firefox 3.6.3
Chrome 4.1.249.1064 (45376)

Java 1.6.0_18

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this out on win 7 64-bit, it works.

That only leaves a couple of options left, could you go to Network and Sharing center, Change Adapter settings, Right click your lan connection, choose Properties and see if TCP IPV4 is checked and that double clicking it shows you a valid configuration? Also, could you check your firewall settings regarding FlashBuilder.exe?

To clarify for others: You shouldn't have to edit your flashbuilder.ini for debugging to work on Win 7 unles IPV4 is disabled in your settings for some reason.

Thanks,

Anirudh Sasikumar,

Flash Builder Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flex error.jpg

how to solve this problem....?

debugging in flex is not working in Windows-7

My CurrentFlash Player is 10 ...

it was asking FlashPlayer 9 ?

after that i instaled 9player also....debuging was not working...

it causes another error...

flex...jpg

FlexBuilder-3

OS-Windows-7 Ultimate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can disregard the Flash Player 9 mention. It just has to be a debug version of the Flash Player (9, 10 or 10.1).

Try this: run the flash player uninstaller (available at the bottom of the page) and install the latest debugger player:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

If you still run into the second screenshot you mentioned below, go to "Windows Firewall", "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" and make sure there is a check mark next to FlashBuilder in all three columns.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines