3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 5:46 AM by stormshark

two web services in a pdf form

stormshark Level 1

problem.JPG

I m designing a process which has two web services (adobe livecycle workbench) I can get respond from each of them but that means I have two xmls.

The problem starts from here .I need one document put into pdf however I have two Documents, one from each web service

insideofexecude.JPG

ı just need to equal two xml to one xml that case I can have one document to put into renderPDFfrom process

what should I do ?

should I put another process to combine xml or is there any methods to combine xml

I m waiting for your answers

thanks for helping

• 1. Re: two web services in a pdf form
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4

You can use xpath to set xml nodes. For example if you have the following structures:

<RootA>

<Parent1>

<Child1/>

<Child2/>

<Child3/>

</Parent1>

</RootA>

<RootB>

<Parent1>

<Child1/>

<Child2/>

<Child3/>

</Parent1>

</RootB>

<Main>

<Node1/>

<Child1/>

<Child2/>

<Node1/>

</Main

You could store them in xmlvar1,xmlvar2 and mainxml, then you could combine them into one using xPath with something similar to

/process_data/mainxml/Main/Node1/Child1 = /process_data/xmlvar1/RootA

/process_data/mainxml/Main/Node1/Child2 = /process_data/xmlvar1/RootB

Jasmin

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: two web services in a pdf form
            stormshark Level 1

thank you very much Jasmin your answer is brilliant but in my case When I put  "Main" between Node1 and mainxml  (not really "Main" in my case form1) it doesnt work correctly  /process_data/mainxml/Main/Node1/Child

this is my code and also another problem

/process_data/wstranslatesum/Page1/tablo1   =      /process_data/wsresponse2/Envelope/Body/HelloWorldResponse/HelloWorldResult/diffgram/NewD ataSet

/process_data/wstranslatesum/Page2/Sonuc    = /process_data/wsresponse/Envelope/Body/getMaxWaitingProcessStepsResponse/getMaxWaitingPro cessStepsResult/diffgram/NewDataSet

when I use above example only

/process_data/wstranslatesum/Page2/Sonuc    = /process_data/wsresponse/Envelope/Body/getMaxWaitingProcessStepsResponse/getMaxWaitingPro cessStepsResult/diffgram/NewDataSet

above part works   they are on the other page

when I use the below

/process_data/wstranslatesum/Page2/tablo1   =      /process_data/wsresponse2/Envelope/Body/HelloWorldResponse/HelloWorldResult/diffgram/NewD ataSet

it works perfectly   (did you notice that they are on the same page)

so what is the problem I know you are Expert

can youy recommend any resource which has real case example

thank you so much

Sincerely ,

Joseph

• 3. Re: two web services in a pdf form
              stormshark Level 1

I solved the problem. the problem is I missed the hierarchy . the second table was not under the second subform that s why it didn t work

anyway thanks a lot