7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2007 8:14 AM by Robert_Csiki

FlexSessionBindingListener bug?

Robert_Csiki
      I have created a class implementing this interface, but it's method "valueUnbound" does never get called when my HttpFlexSession object is invalidated (and I do store attributes on this session during it's lifetime).

Do "FlexSessionBindingListener" implementations need to be explicitly registered, and if so, how?

Thanks..

• 1. Re: Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
          Ansire
          you need to register it or in web.xml or in services-config.xml (latter requires it to extend AbstractBootstrapService)

here is my services-config.xml
          <services>
          <service-include file-path="messaging-config.xml" />
          <service-include file-path="remoting-config.xml" />
          <service-include file-path="proxy-config.xml" />
          <service-include file-path="data-management-config.xml" />
          <service class="my.package.MySessionListener" id="my-session-listener-service" messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.AsyncMessage"/>
          </services>
          • 2. Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
            Robert_Csiki Level 1
            Thanks... really? But in a classic J2EE scenario you don't need to register the HttpSessionBindingListener implementations... and the framework calls their "valueBound" and "valueUnbound" methods whenever it is appropriate.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/servletapi/index.html

Back to Flex/FDS case... as my attribute being bound to a HttpFlexSession implements the FlexSessionBindingListener listener, I would expect the framework (FDS) to call its methods when the session gets invalidated, correct? So no XML configuration settings are required.

Basically, what I'm doing:

FlexSession fs = FlexContext.getFlexSession();
            fs.setAttribute("test", new FlexSessionBinding());

private class FlexSessionBinding implements FlexSessionBindingListener
            {

/**
            * Session 'Bound' notification
            */
            public void valueBound(FlexSessionBindingEvent event)
            {
            } // valueBound

/**
            * Session 'Unbound' notification
            */
            public void valueUnbound(FlexSessionBindingEvent event)
            {
            // Cleanup resources held by the service
            } // valueUnbound
            } // end of class FlexSessionBinding

The valueUnbound() method does not get called when the session is invalidated.
            • 3. Re: Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
              Ansire Level 1
              yes, messed it up a bit with my case with SessionListener, sorry
              • 4. Re: Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
                Ansire Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Robert CsikiThe valueUnbound() method does not get called when the session is invalidated.
                did you try manually remove the attribute from session? will the valueUnbound() be called then?

• 5. Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
                  Robert_Csiki Level 1
                  Yes, if I programatically remove the attribute, the "valueUnbound()" method gets called by the framework. But I would expect the same when the HttpFlexSession objects gets invalidated by calling its "invalidate()" method (or when it times out).

I thought these FDS session wrappers work the same as javax.servlet.http.HttpSession. Or maybe they do and it's just a FDS bug?
                  • 6. Re: Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
                    aBill Level 1
                    I didn't try invalidate(), but I tried session timeout and it work. I put debug printout in my java class, and I could see the unbound

[Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] session - attributeRemoved
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] session - valueUnbound
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] session - attributeRemoved
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] clientDestroyed81C1F4D4-790D-D3E9-2650-3462DFD39A48
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] client - valueUnboundflex.messaging.client.FlexClient@bb8ae8,test,null
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] client - attributeRemovedflex.messaging.client.FlexClient@bb8ae8,test,qos.ClientA
                    ttribute@9cb7fc
                    [Flex] 09:52:04.716 [INFO] [QA.Client] Session Destroyeda630783bf8af5f7e727b

I just checked what the invalidate() method. It calls the session destroyListener first before it remove all attributes. This might be the problem

William Chan
                    • 7. Re: Registering FlexSessionBindingListener?
                      Robert_Csiki Level 1
                      quote:

Originally posted by: aBill
                      I just checked what the invalidate() method. It calls the session destroyListener first before it remove all attributes. This might be the problem

William Chan

Thanks William. Clearly a bug.