Is it a local folder on an internal disk (rather than on a network or a USB drive)? If not that might be a contributory factor.
Depending on your OS it may be a problem with permissions. Check that you have full access to the target folder.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Yes, folder on internal disk. Precision, I have already created and burned other projects using
the same install and folders. So it is not a static problem like access rights, accessibility.
More like a problem with menu marks ... But since my prject has more than60 of them, I'd rather look for a log than trying to do a test removing each of them .. 3 hours for a generation * 60+ menu marks .. definitely not an option.
For those to whom the same happens, I solved the problem by removing the last Return-to-menu mark.
If only PRE messages were more explanatory or detailed ...
The error messages can be horribly cryptic, and this is especially true when they occur during the authoring phase. PrE uses elements of the Sonic (the company that patented almost everything relating to authoring DVD/BD's) authorcore. These are individual modules, and are hidden by an abstraction layer (what you see when you start authoring a DVD/BD). Sonic's modules do not talk well with each other, with the OS, or with the Adobe abstraction layer. Often one will yield an error, but PrE does not know what it means, or even if it's from the OS or the Sonic authorcore. PrE then has to guess what the error is, and sometimes will guess very wrong. This is an even bigger problem in the full-featured authoring program, Encore, as it uses many more of the Sonic modules. It is often easier reading an obscure code, than those error messages.
I do agree that having plain error messages would be great, but it is not likely to happen - at least in MY lifetime.
Thanks for reporting what was hanging up your Project and good luck,
Had a similar problem that was driving me crazy. Have the latest hardware and software, won't try to list those data. Burning a project tot DVD: no problem. Burning a project with menu to DVD: Device Error. Burning the same project to Folder (4.7 GB): Device Error. Yes, I didn't believe that one either. Saw your solution and tried the same: I removed the stop marker at the very end. It worked! I love you, Erwin. Shame on Adobe.
Welcome to the forum.
Glad that you found a solution for your problem too. That is the beauty of this forum - first, posters usually get some resolution, and then others benefit, so long as the solution is posted. That is one reason that I steer people to the forum before Adobe T/S - the answers are usually here.
Good luck and happy editing,
Glad that this could be of use to somebody else. Then the time I lost on this problem was not a waste of time .
Unfortunately, you lost time, but did help another user, so there is some "pay back."
That is why we plead with posters to update the threads, especially with what has worked for them - others benefit later on. However, some will just post back, saying "hey, I found the solution," and never give any details. While we feel happy for them, we'd ALL like to know what worked. First, it helps us help others, and then it directly helps others later on.
A big thank-you!
Erwin - thank you for the tip. I have had the same problem and tried several builds as you have taking aroound 2.5
hours per build. Removing the Stop marker has enabled me to write to a directory, Still have an error with regard to the menu not automatically shoiwng. However, as I write, burning direct to a DVD to remove any copying problems..
Again, many thanks for your help.