5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 8:04 PM by pwillener

error 1500  how do i fix it

LLINKER

how do i fix this
      linker24995_450_326_cache.png

• 1. Re: error 1500  how do i fix it
          wmrowen

Similar the other person, I have an acrobat reader  error 1500 still, mine says "no source"

1. I am continually  prompted to update acrobat reader from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2... I try and it  fails: error 1500.
          2. I try to manually load patch, it  fails... says installation source not available. ( huh?  )
          3. I try  to remove Acrobat Reader and fail... again says installation  source not available.*
          4. I try to WIndows Installer Cleanup... nothing  happens.
          5. We try calling for technical support...  they say there is none because it's a free program--use the forum.
          6. The  original forum thread on error 1500 never provided any solution for me... and  now it's locked .
          7. HELP

* "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." Which is hard because I have no clue what it's referring to!
          • 2. Re: error 1500  how do i fix it
            pwillener Level 8

@LLINKER: did you run repair on Adobe Reader - either from Adobe Reader Help | Repair Adobe Reader, or from Add/Remove Programs?

• 3. Re: error 1500  how do i fix it
              pwillener Level 8

wmrowen wrote:

4.  I try to WIndows Installer Cleanup... nothing  happens.

Did you run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, select Adobe Reader, and click Remove?  And that did not remove Adobe Reader?

• 4. Re: error 1500  how do i fix it
                  pwillener Level 8

wmrowen wrote:

6.  The  original forum thread on error 1500 never provided any solution for me... and  now it's locked .

That topic had become so convoluted with irrelevant posts that I have asked forum mods to close it.  I hope that we can keep this topic relevant, and eventually find a solution for all.

Since I cannot test it myself, as I don't get any error when updating Adobe Reader, I can only make suggestions, and you will have to test them.

Let's start with two questions:

1. what is your Windows version?
                    2. what is your Windows Installer version?

Next, please follow this link http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_332507_en-us and try the suggested solutions.

• 5. Re: error 1500  how do i fix it
                      wmrowen Level 1

I got the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to work this time. It's not really obvious and I did not understand how it was supposed to work the first time. You can consider my issue solved. Thanks!!!