Similar the other person, I have an acrobat reader error 1500 still, mine says "no source"
- I am continually prompted to update acrobat reader from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2... I try and it fails: error 1500.
- I try to manually load patch, it fails... says installation source not available. ( huh? )
- I try to remove Acrobat Reader and fail... again says installation source not available.*
- I try to WIndows Installer Cleanup... nothing happens.
- We try calling for technical support... they say there is none because it's a free program--use the forum.
- The original forum thread on error 1500 never provided any solution for me... and now it's locked .
@LLINKER: did you run repair on Adobe Reader - either from Adobe Reader Help | Repair Adobe Reader, or from Add/Remove Programs?
wmrowen wrote:4. I try to WIndows Installer Cleanup... nothing happens.
Did you run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, select Adobe Reader, and click Remove? And that did not remove Adobe Reader?
wmrowen wrote:6. The original forum thread on error 1500 never provided any solution for me... and now it's locked .
That topic had become so convoluted with irrelevant posts that I have asked forum mods to close it. I hope that we can keep this topic relevant, and eventually find a solution for all.
Since I cannot test it myself, as I don't get any error when updating Adobe Reader, I can only make suggestions, and you will have to test them.
Let's start with two questions:
- what is your Windows version?
- what is your Windows Installer version?
Next, please follow this link http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_332507_en-us and try the suggested solutions.
I got the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to work this time. It's not really obvious and I did not understand how it was supposed to work the first time. You can consider my issue solved. Thanks!!!