1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 1:33 PM by the_wine_snob

video length issues

acslater1969

I am having an issue with PE8.  I have a video that is about 10 minutes long, and when I bring it in to premiere it only shows the first 41 seconds of it.  I have other videos that are longer than 41 seconds that I have never had a problem with.  I am not sure if it is a settings issue or not.

• 1. Re: video length issues
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tip & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in Premiere. Maybe our tireless MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move this out to the main forum for you, so that others will likely see it and respond.

In the meantime, please tell us all about the source footage, i.e. the Imported AV file. If you do not have the specs. of this footage, then the great, free utility, G-SPOT, will give you all of the info.

When the Duration is not seen properly, it is likely a CODEC issue. This most often happens with CODEC's, like DivX and Xvid, but others can cause the same problem, plus more.

In those cases, the best workflow is to convert that footage to DV-AVI Type II, and Import those converted files into PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt