make a movie slide show and have the start when the page opens haha
Dylan, is this a joke ?
yes and no.....I mean thts all I can think of
You can do this, but it's a little bit obscure.
1. Create a custom component that contains your four images as four states (e.g. Photo1, Photo2, ...)
2. Create the fade transitions between the states.
3. Jump back out to your main application. Create an interaction to start playing the slideshow (e.g. select the play button and choose "Add Interaction > On Click"). In that interaction, choose "Play Action Sequence" as the result of the interaction. Hit OK.
4. The Timelines panel will switch to show your action sequence. Select the component with the images and choose "+ Add Action > Set Component State".
5. The Properties panel will switch to show the properties of this action. Choose the state you want to go to (Photo1).
6. Repeat steps 4-5 for each state, creating several "Set Component State" actions.
7. Drag the actions in the timeline to space them out in time.
Now you have an action sequence that goes to Photo1, then Photo2, etc.
Thank you Acath,
This is a huge work for something small...I don't see something simple for a such small task !
Sometimes Adobe is out of the picture, but this is only the Beta.
Or maybe somebody from the Adobe willl come back with a simple method.
I did that thing in Flashin less than 2 minutes but we re here to learn and discover right ?
Please come back with an idea or simple method.
I understand your frustration - this sure seems simple enough that it should be easy. I agree. Maybe we should add a "slideshow" component or a "flip through states" action? How would you want it to work?
Flash Catalyst is not supposed to be a replacement for Flash Pro. When you want very rich animation, Flash Pro can't be beat. Flash Catalyst's animation tools are oriented towards the simple transitions between two states that you see in an interactive application. That said, I agree that this case is common enough in interactive applications that it should be easy.
Thank you Acath,
I do understand the aim and objectives of Flash Catalyst, I think you should insist on that all the way before the launch.
The most logical mecanism is probably to add the "flip through states" action.
I f you do that, you fill the gap.
nb: I look forward to test the Newest Flash Catalyst and I'll most probably buy it !