6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 3:48 AM by TradeWind

2 camera scenerio - how do I efficiently render Cam1 then Cam 2 ?

David Zeno Level 1

Hi all,

I have an interesting question.....

I filmed a high school play the other day, and used 2 cameras.  One directly at the stage, and another to stage left.

I've now managed to get both video segments synced up correctly ( something that is very hard to do ) , but now I wish to have camera 1 video play on the time line for say 20 seconds, then it will fade out and camera 2 will be seen.

Right now I have camera 1 footage on video track 1  and camera 2 footage on track 2.

Now, at this point, I've just laid in some keyframes, and have video 2 fading in and fading out, using the opacity setting.

However - something tells me, that this is an efficient way of doing it, because even though track 2 may be faded out ( 0% ) for say 30 seconds, because of its existance on the time line, it is STILL being rendered, and this is making it a longer process for the computer.

That is my theory - that even footage set to zero opacity still gets rendered ( this is true ? )

Now, if this is true, how do you suggest I go about it ?   Is the best way to just do a razor cut on video track 2 in areas where I don't want the video to show ? and then use simple fade in and fade out on that section ?

Thanks for any help.

Dave.