3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 12:25 PM by Chorale0001

Scaling text

SKHarper

When I scale a line of text it moves further and further right the larger I make the text. Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Scaling text
          shunithD Level 3

SKHarper wrote:

When I scale a line of text it moves further and further right the larger I make the text. Thoughts?

Check the alignment....

• 2. Re: Scaling text
            Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

... Or check whether you have one or more spaces to start with.

• 3. Re: Scaling text
              Chorale0001

You might also want to try this :

- Hold Shift and select one corner of the selection box of your text and try enlarge. It should keep the proportion.

OR

- Select your text ( with the Black arrow, not with the text tools ), right click - Create outline. This will convert your text as graphic patern. Then Do the above solution i've told you.

I personnally love this option because it will prevent any Police probleme in whatever you are doing, because it is no longer a police, but a graphic. It allow you to add special texte on webpage ( as image, through it your text is important and you want search engine to look for it, you will have to add those word in the HTML balise on top of your file. ), prevent any corruption when you are sending AI file to a profesionnal printer and also allow you to import your file into Photoshop to add a lot of cool thing like 3d Effect ( or the illusion of it ) because photoshop will create its pixel as sharp as possible, which the regular text tool don't really allow.. At least not as sharp as it will be using this methode.

But i'm getting off-topic