2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2010 1:11 AM by Garethi

Before I Start Learning, Can I Do This...

Garethi Level 1

Hi team.

Am looking with great interest at catalyst. I have downloaded the trial and can see its gonna be a learning curve so I wanted to ask if the following is achievable before starting.

I create tender documents for our company in indesign using a book comprising 10 or more sections with auto page numbering etc.

In the PDF that is created I wanted a few interactive elements. Nothing too silly. i was thinking instead of a static contents page something a little more interesting, or perhaps for key sections of the document very subtle animations etc.

Can I in some way integrate flash elements within a PDF? And can I apply this to my indesign documents reasonably simply?

So for example the PDF would comprise a static front cover, and then the contents page would have a little animation in the back ground with buttons to click to get to the main sections, perhaps with a roll over showing a brief description and then the main bulk of the PDF would be simple static text/pictures as one might expect in a Tender.

I am running CS4 at the moment and a trial of Cataylst.

Can I do the above, either with or without flash and can I do this in anyone in indesign already but never spotted it!

Many thanks